Notices

HELP-Line Of Fire LED Lights!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Coolstrategist
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP-Line Of Fire LED Lights!

As I continue to spruce up my newly purchased 2003 Excursion I decided to buy the Line of Fire LED tail lights (from premiermotoring). But I have a question.

The installation instructions recommend installing the lights with the temp above 60 degrees for at least 24 hours. I am in Chicago and it will not be 60 degrees for 3 more months! The concern of course is the adhesion properties of the double sided tape used for installation.

Sooo...should I worry about installing on a 30 degree day?? I guess if it comes off I can buy more tape but would rather not have an issue. Any help is appreciated.

And I do not have access to a heated garage, etc.

Thanks!

Old 01-29-2005, 07:06 AM
boxcar1974
Postmaster
I had installed two sided tape on vehicles in the winter before with no issues......two years later and they are still on. I make sure the surface was super clean with no salt and junk or residue from wax and such. I would thing a hair dryer or heat gun just to warm the surface so it not cold to the touch would work great too. Just dont want it to get hot to melt the adhesive.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Coolstrategist
Junior User
Thanks BoxCar,

Question for anyone who knows...I can also can opt to screw the light bar into the 2003 Excursion instead of using the adhesive. When you open the split rear doors there is an area right above the rear bumper that is plastic. The plastic area facing outward (vs. the upward facing portion) is about an 1 inch long that spans the width of the rear and this is where I could screw in the light bar. Once again this area is directly above the rear bumper with the doors open.

What is behind this plastic? Can I buy four self tapping screws and screw right into this area? I don't want to create a problem.

Some help please....

Thanks.