Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Too much fun in the mud. :(!

Old 01-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Meilichios
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too much fun in the mud. :(!

So, it was raining all day today throughout Phoenix, scottsdale, etc.. and all day long all I could think about was once again fixed truck, waiting at home for me to take it out to some mud pits..
So, I race home the second I get off work, call up all my friends to see who wants to go and we head out. Get to the gas station we all meet up at, and find out the return hose for my PS pump sprang a leak due to bumpin' against the belt that turns the pump... so, after jimmy rigging that up, we leave and go to have our fun.
20 minutes after playin' around and havin' the time of our lifes, I hear a loud THUNK and my passenger side is saggin' like 2' lower than my passenger side, and is riding like a bag of bricks.. so I jump out and take a look.. the bolt that holds my spring retaining clip in place, it's head had sheared off, and the clip popped out, and then the whole coil spring was layin' in the mud.
Long story short, I wait all this time, and only get 20 minutes of fun before I gotta limp back home to the carport for more repairs.. LoL, life just isn't fair.

Old 01-27-2005, 10:42 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I read the title of this thread and said to myself, "too much fun in the mud? IMPOSSIBLE!!!". ha ha.

That sucks you busted your rig but you gotta pay to play! There's a 60' stretch in the field next to my house that looks like the perfect mud bog. I'm so tempted to run through it but after my run in with the cops last Friday, I figured I'd take things easy for a while. It kills me to drive by it and not take a run through it...

Next time you're thinking about going, PM me or throw something up on the forum real quick. I'm always down for a quick trip.

Old 01-28-2005, 07:37 AM
ShawnZ
Senior User
Wait, I gotta hear about this run in with the police.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:08 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Me and my buddy got pulled over last friday coming out of the bar. I was pulled over for making a wide turn (pulled into the middle lane instead of the close lane) but he was waiting in the parking lot for people to come out of there. I was fine but had to do the whole sobriety test because he could smell the beer on my breath. The cop was cool but man, talk about stressful! He hopped on his bike after it all and said, have a good night. Scared the crap out of me...

Old 01-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Meilichios
Senior User
Actually, I'm thinkin' about headin' out there either today or tomorrow. It's at Cave Creek and Deer Valley Rd.
You can get ahold of me on AIM-Meilichios or MSN-Kika33@***.net
I wanna get out there while it's still all slushy, haha

Old 01-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Meilichios
Senior User
the second part of the contact information was... kika33@***.net

Old 01-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Meilichios
Senior User
So... Matt, you missed out on Sat. night.. after I got back from Snowbowl Sat. evening, I went offroading with my brother in law at that place I wanted to go on Fri.. and there were fields like 4x the size of football fields, nothin' but thick slushy clay, LoL
I got 'er to spin around and was goin' backwards with the wheels still spinning forwards.. it was a blast. we went into the place at Cave Creek and Deer Valley, and exited at 12th St. and Carefree Hw. That place is huge.. it goes all the way to 27th Ave and Deer Valley.. I never know where I'll end up.

Old 01-31-2005, 09:09 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
That sucks, I wanted to go too. I ended up working on saturday anyways, then hit up the monster jam saturday night at bank one. It was pretty fun, redneck central that's for sure! ha ha.

Maybe we'll get some rain this week and I can meet you guys up there next weekend or something....

Old 01-31-2005, 09:16 AM
ShawnZ
Senior User
My brother went to that Monster truck thing... I had to work.

Old 01-31-2005, 09:04 PM
5.4AZ4X4
Senior User
whats the deal with FTE getting all corperate? This is supposed to be a fourm, granted things cost money and being a business owner I definately know this, but seriously. Advertisements as a fourm post!?!

anyhow, Mike here again.. dont leave me behind on any cool 4X4 adventures

Old 02-02-2005, 01:31 AM
ShawnZ
Senior User
Oh, you completely missed out, we all went out yesterday and had a blast.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:07 AM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
all this talk about mud got me thinking....why is my truck still white? well I went out to some mud holes in BFNowhere and..............SANK! and *gulp* almost had to be rescued by a chevy. he pulled out his camera and I said, nope, nevermind, Im just going to wait (take my picture will ya?) finally got her out myself with lots of throttle. that was a close one. I should have had my camera to take pics, but alas, forgot to bring it.
Oh well, just wanted to share, havnt posted in a few so I thought you mud guys would appreciate that story

Old 02-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Meilichios
Senior User
Yeah, unfortunately most of my friends own chevys, so I've been towed by 'em quite a few times.. But, sad thing is, I've made it everywhere they've ever gone in 2wd before I converted it to 4wd.. except for real deep mud.. so I showed 'em what fords can do w/ a little bit of a heavy foot and newly chewed up tires.

Old 02-11-2005, 04:59 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
I got a lil' taste of the field near my house last night. It wasn't quite muddy enough but enough to throw some clumps onto the hood.. I can't imagine what it'll look like when I get home today after all the rain we've gotten. Now that I'm buddy's with the gilbert cops (pulled over twice in 3 weeks), they should give me a freebie!!

Old 02-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Meilichios
Senior User
Sounds like you've been havin' too much fun too. :-P
By the way, I got 3 people who wanna go on Sunday, hopefully you can come..
One of 'em didn't wanna go, but I just got him to go to this field around the corner from my house, and now he can't wait.
But anyways, gimmie a call, or something. I got my lift workin'.. brake lines haven't come in yet, but I hooked the stock ones up, doesn't give me much room at all for articulation, but you don't need that for mudding anyways, right, haha.

Search this Thread