Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
Next Tulsa Meet (Feb.)

Since it appears that I have to jump up and down waving flags to get ya'll attention and to comment on my idea, here it is, I'm jumping!

Here is what I propose and to give credit where credit is due, Mark sortof gave me this idea friday... let's shoot for a Feb. gtg at the Incredible Pizza at 71/Memorial. For a number of reasons, one being everybodies kids who come would probably love it and secondly. . . two words. . . go carts! I thought it would be fun for the OK. Chapter to see who is "King (or Queen.. ehem.. Alice ) of the Chapter/Track". Say the third friday or saturday of Feb around 5 or 6? Maybe even as late as 7?

Any takers? Suggestions?? Changes?

Old 01-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
Tim: What time would it have to be to give you enough time to do all this?? (Drive home from Tulsa, pick up the kids... etc?)

STan

Old 01-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Elder User

dakota_viking is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm up for it! I think 6PM would probably be just fine if others were OK with that.

I hear that place gets pretty busy....would that mean that Friday would be better than Saturday?

Tim
'94 Mustang Coupe
'76 F-250 "Project Copperhead" 460/C-6 (Lots of Rust!)
Old 01-31-2005, 10:04 AM
Postmaster

How come there has been no reaction to this thread?? Shall we scrap the Pizza gtg?

Tim: Yes, you are correct, that place does indeed get quite busy on friday/sat., perhaps a thursday night would be better?? I could maybe get that night off, but I need people to commit. I'm sure we can get a group deal for having a large group, but I don't want to waste my time trying to find out if nobody really cares to do this.

Give some input people!!!

STan

Last edited by Traxxis; 01-31-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:23 AM
Elder User

dakota_viking is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yeah Stan, let's do a Thursday night GTG and hopefully avoid the crowds.

People.....Here is official notice!!!!

PLEASE POST YOUR ACCEPTANCE/REJECTION/COMMENTS!!!!

Thank you for your support....

Tim
'94 Mustang Coupe
'76 F-250 "Project Copperhead" 460/C-6 (Lots of Rust!)
Old 01-31-2005, 03:34 PM
Postmaster

Thanks Tim, thursday night, Feb. 24 it is.

Need a headcount!!

STan

Old 02-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Senior User

White_Knight is starting off with a positive reputation.
Use the selector panel to indicate your choice...

I like it.
Count me in for that date!

And Stan, I'll hafta race you hee hee!

W/K

1977 F-250 Ranger XLT 4WD Styleside "Wicked Wilma" - now packing a 6.9 IDI!!!

"Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda
Old 02-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Elder User

ranger240 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Stan, don't think nobody wants to commit. this capter is still very young yet, as far as gtg's go. have a few and enjoy them, no one cares that only 3 people show up, as long as three people show up. just start having regular meets and people will begin show up on a regular basis.

you should have plenty show, just call around to those who's numbers you have and hand out the flyers, or buisness cards. promote it other than on the board.

anyway, I'd like to come, but I have this commitment problem.

hahahahaha. j/k

_Ken

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin
Old 02-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Knight
And Stan, I'll hafta race you hee hee!

W/K
Oh it's on! I'll be huffin' the smoke from your tailpipe.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Senior User

White_Knight is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking Wait a minit...

I doubt it, that gocart's gonna be wheezin' pulling my fat ol' butt around that track. You'll be ahead of me by a coupla laps.

1977 F-250 Ranger XLT 4WD Styleside "Wicked Wilma" - now packing a 6.9 IDI!!!

"Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda
Old 02-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
I'm out. I'll be sitting in class that night. Have fun ya'll.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 02-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
I'm out. I'll be sitting in class that night. Have fun ya'll.
Oh Ron! Can you skip??? You know Blake would like it! I thought if you brought him, and Tim were to bring his kids, I would bring my little brother along with. You know, if you cannot make it, the Mrs. and Blake are still welcome

Actually Mark, the carts there are electric powered and they are remotely controled to let them go say 15mph or so, so all of us travel at the same speed. . . it's all about driver skill!

STan

Old 02-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Freshman User

97F250HDFlatbed is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi ppls. Ill try to make it! I work at local parts store in Skiatook and thrusday night is my night to check out and close. Ive never met any of you guys (and women) before. I know I havent been to active here ither. But I hope to soon change that.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxxis
Oh Ron! Can you skip??? You know Blake would like it! I thought if you brought him, and Tim were to bring his kids, I would bring my little brother along with. You know, if you cannot make it, the Mrs. and Blake are still welcome

STan

If it was an easy class, I'd be very tempted to skip. But it's Engineering Physics II. I definitely don't wanna skip any of these classes. Thanks. But I don't think my wife would have much fun at over 7months pregnant, trying to keep up with my 3yr old boy. I don't know if she'd fit in the go cart either? hehehe (I love you honey. ) It's o.k. There will be other meets that we will make it to. Just have a little extra fun for me.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 02-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
If it was an easy class, I'd be very tempted to skip. But it's Engineering Physics II. I definitely don't wanna skip any of these classes. Thanks. But I don't think my wife would have much fun at over 7months pregnant, trying to keep up with my 3yr old boy. I don't know if she'd fit in the go cart either? hehehe (I love you honey. ) It's o.k. There will be other meets that we will make it to. Just have a little extra fun for me.

Well, I'll see to it that atleast one of us has some extra fun for you. Gee... Engineering Physics II eh??? Hmmm.... those physics classes aren't any fun at all, one of the only things I remember about Physics is an endless amount of homework, EVERYNIGHT!

STan

Old 02-03-2005, 05:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter