Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2012, 10:37 AM
New User

troll334 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up Key FOB Programming Success in 2012

Greetings all,
Just confirming the successful programming instructions for my 2003 EB Expedition 4X4 in June of 2012.
1) Have your remotes with you.
2) Enter the vehicle and close all doors
3) Lock and unlock using the door/window control panel (driver's left)
4) Insert key into ignition lock
5) Rapidly rotate the key from off to run (max turn w/o starting) 8 times
within 10 seconds.
You will hear/see the locks engage and disengage
6) Press the lock button on the first FOB to be programmed.
You will hear the locks cycle.
7) Press the lock button on the next FOB to be programmed.
Again, you hear the lock cycle to confirm.
8) Repeat step 7 up to a maximum of four remotes
9) Turn the ignition to off position for a final confirmation of success.
Oh, prior to starting the process, I started the vehicle and turned off everything I could, e.g., A/C, radios, other electronics, etc. to avoid possible surges from damaging relays...blah blah blah. After several attempts using other failed programming methods, I sat listening to the A/C firing up at each rapid turn of the key thinking; oh boy, I can just see A/C and other relays freaking out and getting fried. Just my emotional issue; but it can't hurt. I did not need to discon the vehicle's battery.
Anyway, I ran the above instructions twice to confirm their accuracy.
They're good-2-go (at least for my machine).
Enjoy!
mike
Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 PM
New User

kenbutters is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tried it all

Hi - I have a '97 expedition that originally came with remote entry, but doesn't have it now. The procedure for the '97 (only) that I got from the company where I got the remotes, says the sequence is 5 turns to Run instead of 8, but I have tried both 5 and 8. I have checked the connections to the RKE box (they're connected), and I have disconnected the battery for several minutes, and turned off all accessories. I'm glad there were all of these other things to try, but I still don't have remotes that work. The truck doesn't enter programming mode. The locks function correctly otherwise. Any new suggestions?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM
New User

Žabák2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The same problem.

My 2005 Excursion also refuses to enter programing mode. I tried to turn OFF - ON 7,8,9 times, slow and fast, also tried to disconnect the battery and to lock/unlock doors while doors open/closed, also tried to unlock by code.

I suppose I tried all the tricks that are posted without positive result.

Any idea where´s the catch?
Old 03-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Elder User

Tennesseepowerstroke is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbradwolf View Post
I have a 2004 F250 (4-door) and I had the darnedest time figuring this out, but if you first get in the drivers side and lock the doors, then unlock all the doors before putting the key in the ignition to perform the 8 cycles of off/on in 10 seconds (leaving the key in the "on" position on the 8th turn, the doors will lock and unlock, at which time you have 20 seconds to press any key on your fob or fobs to program them. Finally, turn the key to the off position and your key fob(s) should be programed. The dealer was of no real help on this, unfortunately. I hope this helps some folks out! Good luck!
This is the only to program my remotes for the 03 F350. I finaly got in, locked the doors and unlocked them with door lock switch. This made the difference.
01 Escape V6 Yellow Moonroof 152,000 miles
Updated 10-24-14
Old 07-19-2014, 04:27 PM
New User

onlyproblems is starting off with a positive reputation.
truck will not enter programming mode

None of these solutions work for me. I am having the same problem where I cannot access the fob programming mode at all. I've made sure the box thingy under the dash is plugged in. I've locked then unlocked the doors before and after putting the key in the ignition. I've disconnected and reconnected the battery then tried it. I've turned the ignition slowly and quickly. Absolutely nothing is working to get it into programming mode. An aftermarket security system has never been installed. I am so frustrated. My username couldn't be truer. Please, anyone help me!
2002 F150 King Ranch
Old 07-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
It's possible the keyless entry module is bad.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:08 PM
New User

onlyproblems is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
It's possible the keyless entry module is bad.
I really hope not. The keypad under the exterior door handle works fine. Would that confirm the correct operation of the keyless entry module or does that have nothing to do with it?
Old 07-20-2014, 03:08 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2008, control, f150, f250, fob, fobb, ford, gainesville, key, program, programing, programming, remote, truck, wireless