Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Senior User

Bill_T has a good reputation on FTE.Bill_T has a good reputation on FTE.
everyone survive the winter "blast"?

Rochester handled the snow well..

I had to get out there on the streets Sat. night with My "X" to play with 4x4 in the snow.. I was a good boy (mostly) but had to test the REVOS in the heavy white stuff.... This is my first full winter with the beast.... I gotta say, I have had a blazer and a bronco but this X plows thru heavy stuff like a breeze.... The tires were awesome!

have fun

Bill
Prodigy Controller
Limo Tint/silver stars
Goodyear Silent Armor - Pro Grade (E)
Old 01-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Elder User

Jdenninger is starting off with a positive reputation.
had a problem come back with my 79. its chewing lugnuts on the front driverside tire. Broke down and registered the "new" 89 today. that has been handling the snow pretty good for only having stock tires on it. glad to hear that someone up there is still alive......
NY Chapter Member
Old 01-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Senior User

86moneypit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah i had no problem when it was falling. Its worse now then b4, but other than that i only had a tractor go down, luckily i invested in a Deere which never fails.

Check out my Home Page
My 2000 F-150
2000 F-150 XLT Super Cab 4X4 and a 5.4L
6" BDS Suspension Lift
35" Pro Comp Xtreme AT's
Old 01-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdenninger
had a problem come back with my 79. its chewing lugnuts on the front driverside tire. Broke down and registered the "new" 89 today. that has been handling the snow pretty good for only having stock tires on it. glad to hear that someone up there is still alive......
JD - chewing the lug nuts?!? How is it doing that? Hope you get it figured out.

Had to do a lot of plowing with the SD, but it makes the job a breeze to do. Hit some seasonal roads and trails with the Rover so got some winter wheeling in.

Has anyone heard from Angela (Cowlady)?? Just wondering how she is making out.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Elder User

she hasn't signed on since 1-5 according to herr profile. he pc is probably still down.

the lugs, i think the wheel may be out of balance, waaaaaaaayyyyyy ouuuuttttt. i think first thing is to replace the rotor from the last time it happened and the tire went in the opposite direction of my truck and the rotor lost 3/4" on one side. For now will be driving the blue/silver 89 ( or at least when i'm no longer sick and can get out and have some fun)
NY Chapter Member
Old 01-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
Holy crap JD. You lost the wheel while driving?!? That would be bummer. Good luck with it and I hope you get it figured out. Never had something like that happen.

Sorry to hear that you have been sick. Pretty easy with the way the weather has been. A lot of people got sick around here when the weather went from 65 to 10 degrees within 24 hours about two weeks ago. Now the temp has been staying between 10 below to 10 above zero. Take care and get well!!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Elder User

was doing 50 MPH when it happened. was heading out to orient point LI. I guess my tire just wanted to go to the beach i was driving past. was able to fix in 15 min and get back on the road. lost all the lug nuts that time so had to take one off each of the other tires. luckily i carry a bottle jack and a star wrench at all times.
NY Chapter Member
Old 01-25-2005, 02:42 PM