Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Wanted - License Plates!

Well actually just two of them, preferably matching. I was hoping to find a set of Montana plates that were issued in 1979 or a series that covered those years. I'm too young to remember what those years looked like. If somebody has a good set of matching plates, I'm willing to trade my current plates for yours. post here or PM me.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Senior User

FordCardinal is starting off with a positive reputation.
If I remember correctly those years were just red and white. I have a couple that I used to patch holes in my floor boards of the same year truck. Many a junk yard and farmer's yard have these in quantity. I am sure you could pick up a couple that way.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
I was anticipating that... we deal with a junkyard everyday, they might be able to scrounge up a good set.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:55 AM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
Matt,

Check out the local flea markets too. When I drove through Billings back in September, I stopped at a flea market right along the I-90 frontage road, near the Flying J truck stop on the east side of town. A couple sellers had quite a few license plates. I don't remember what MT plates they had, I was looking for a Wyoming plate...

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Elder User

MontanaFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
whatcha want a set of plates for? ya can't use'em...decorations?? collection?? *shrugs* me no no...

MontanaFord
Old 01-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Post Fiend

You can use any set of plates ever issued, I was thinking I could find a set of '79ish plates for my '79 ford.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:03 AM
Elder User

MontanaFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
You can use any set of plates ever issued, I was thinking I could find a set of '79ish plates for my '79 ford.
the people where i went to register my pick-up when i bought it said i had to either swap to my plates from my old truck, or buy new plates, because apparently i couldn't re-register my grandmother's plates in my name....

MontanaFord
Old 01-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Post Fiend

Thats correct, you need to prove that the plates and numbers are no longer in use, such as a crushed car, or a car that was re titled as a classic.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:12 AM
Elder User

fatherdoug is starting off with a positive reputation.
Matt,

There is one for sale on E-bay.Item number: 5928650116. There is also a set of 1976 plates for sale which look similar. If nothing else, it will give you an idea of what style to look for.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:12 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter