Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Meet in 2005?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 06:53 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meet in 2005?

When are we thinking about a possible meeting for 2005? Let's see if we can get some ideas rolling. Dick, I'm not tryin to take your job...Lord only knows I'd go completely bonkers. Just figgered now might be a good time to try and get the ball rolling.

Tim, it was good to talk to you on the phone the other night. I ended up not working Thursday, as my g/f wasn't able to watch my kid, and I didn't have any other child-care options for the day.

Tim and Dick, let's try and get together here before too long for coffee or something. I don't have my son this week, so I should be free just about any night except Thursday, cuz of bow leagues down at Spirit Quest. I might go weigh in on Tuesday for the Wednesday Night Fights at the Majestic, just so I can try for some extra money to supplement my meager winter income. I'll letcha know more on that as the week progresses.

Talk to ya later.

MontanaFord

Old 01-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I am not planning a meet as of yet. I think, that with the overall size of our chapter and the square miles involved, planning anything is going to be an individual state thing. Montana is large enough that people in Billings don't wish to travel clear to the farthest corner of the state ... and vice versa. Considering we can fit numerous eastern states inside the state of Montana alone, I can see how it's easier for them to get together .... there are some states that are probably the size of FLATHEAD COUNTY.

If anyone wants to plan a meet, this is the forum to do it in. Just start separate threads for each area that wants to meet and organize away. I'll keep watch on things and offer any input I can.

As for a meet here in NW Mt ... the three of us can try to get together anytime .. I kind of like the county fair and chicken dinner, but whatever ... your input is welcome.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:48 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
So, did you fight last night Michael? And if so, can you type yet? My oldest son did that once - he felt like he had rubber legs for 2 or 3 days after the fight. I think he decided he could earn money some other way.

You're in some kind of shape to fight on Wed and shoot a bow the next night. I'm impressed!

I'm good for a mini-meet anytime.

Dick, is your truck involved in the recall for cruise control units? Hope not.
T

Old 01-27-2005, 11:57 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Tim...

No, I didn't end up fighting last night. Got busy with some stuff at home (honey-do) and missed weigh-in...but that'll give me a couple weeks to get some work-outs in...I did however go shoot leagues tonight, and it was a blast...shot better than the last two weeks. It's looking like it might be a couple weeks, too, before I can afford coffee, as payday don't come back around till a week from Monday. And that's gonna be a pretty short paycheck, cuz of a nasty draw i had to take to cover rent and some other stuff. Talk to ya later, guys.

Michael

Old 01-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I don't have any idea if mine is in the recall. I saw the blip on the news ... or at least the last 3 seconds of it. Guess I'll have to pay more attention....or wait and see if I get a letter from Ford. Do you know the years involved?

Old 01-28-2005, 10:06 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
Hi Dick, it was the 2000 model year with speed control switch. Here's a link to the first one I came across today.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6876176/

From what I read they'll handle the recall in two steps. First is to call the affected trucks in and shut off power to the switch, then when they have sufficient supplies of an improved switch they'll call the trucks back in to replace the units.

Old 01-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm gonna get up to Glacier this summer, do some hiking. I'm definetly gonna take a a week from work this summer. I'm not sure when that will be, I'll have to plan it when we have enough employees to cover me. We're working on a project '72, F250, gonna try to have that totally restored with a well built 390 under the hood. I wanna try to drive the Alcan highway to Fairbanks when its all done. That might be two summers from now.

Well, back to work for now.

Old 01-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

WHen you get around to coming up to Glacier, let us know and maybe the Northwest crew can do a small GTG and drive to the top of Going to the Sun and get some pics along the way. If you haven't been through Glacier, there are some fantastic photo ops there..and I know of a few that aren't typical tourist haunts. I eventually want to get a website going for the Drifters ... gotta learn the stoopid ropes first though. Then I can post mega pictures of all the meets from the various states in the Drifters. ..heh ..providing anyone else gets up the energy to form and meet. I know the North Dakota folks seem interested in meeting up. Anyhoo .... off to moderation land to see what I've missed so far today. Gotta put chicken breasts in the oven shortly too... drool.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:08 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
hmmm...glacier....i wonder if my truck would make the climb to the top...lol...it might...then again, it might not...lol...talk to ya'll later...

Michael

Old 01-29-2005, 08:38 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
As matt knows i will be done in billings on the last weekend of june (24-26) for the hug mud bogg thats going on down there, that would be a good chance for some of dakota's and wyoming to come up, as it would be an entire weekend thing.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think Cody has my couch claimed...

I really need to get a digital camera and get some pictures of some trucks up here, you guys would drool.

Old 01-29-2005, 10:35 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to go to Glacier again, for the first time in 15 years, this summer if I can get some time off of work on the weekend. I told my G-ma I'd take her to Butte this summer in the Pontiac, her hometown, but after that, any chance to go across the state and get in more sights is a big plus. I plan to memorize my way around to the best fishing, hunting and camping spots in the state.
I'd like to check out the mud bogs this summer so maybe we could get a mini-meet going on here in Billings. Matt and Mustange, when you guys get together in June, give me a call, I'll buy you guys a beer and swap some lies with ya. 245-1711

Dan.

Old 01-29-2005, 11:56 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
I might even have to claim your garage as well on friday night to install the lift before saturday (aka up till 4 in the morning drunk off our **** trying to line up the last bolt hole for the shocks) if i don't get it done. But yeah it sounds good to me, but you might have to switch that beer to a Coke, damn that you have to be 21 to drink down there law (you can kill a person-military-you can smoke-and run your own life, but for some reason you can't drink , oh well), but what they don't see won't hurt them (coucopsgh), but it would be fun if a few more could come the the bogg and check out the trucks (and my truck too).

Old 01-30-2005, 05:46 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
I'd like to swing out to the mountains this year. It'd be with the car, though. If I head out that way I'll let you guys know. I seriously need a vacation.

--------------------
Justin

Old 01-30-2005, 09:50 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ewwww, bringing a car to Montana,

Quick Reply: Meet in 2005?