Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Senior User

White_Knight is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking Thanks guys and gals!

The meet in B.A. was a success!

Thanks for turning out- I realize this was a real effort for some of
you to be here. And thanks Stan- our Chapter Leader- for being
there and bringing your camera. I'll be looking to see those pictures
you took of us.

We'll be out tomorrow at Duffy's at 81st and Elm at 2:00 pm to meet
the folks who couldn't make it out today. Hope to see y'all there!

Mark

1977 F-250 Ranger XLT 4WD Styleside "Wicked Wilma" - now packing a 6.9 IDI!!!

"Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda
Old 01-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Junior User

jughead2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So how many people turned out? I was going from one job to the next and noticed a couple of clean old rides in the parking lot but it was still kinda early. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it tommorrow or not, I have a job scheduled but it depends on the weather and if I can get out of there in time. Also do you know how many people are supposed to be there tommorow?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:04 PM
New User

telemaster63 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

No no,thank you!!! Had a great time visiting with everyone and now I`ve met Alice.I`ll be out tomorrow to meet the rest that come by,looks to be a chilly day,guess we won`t be hanging around in the parking lot too long.Drive safe!!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Postmaster

NoMo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry I missed it. But, if it's any consolation, I was in B.A. at 2pm- buying an '02 F250 at United Ford.

Please post pics of the gathering. If we need some web space, let me know and I can host them on my site.

I was hoping to make the Sat date, but I swapped on-call days with a co-worker so he could be at his son's birthday party. So, now I'm "working" until 6pm and won't make either gathering date. I suck!!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Senior User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo
Sorry I missed it. But, if it's any consolation, I was in B.A. at 2pm- buying an '02 F250 at United Ford.

Please post pics of the gathering. If we need some web space, let me know and I can host them on my site.

I was hoping to make the Sat date, but I swapped on-call days with a co-worker so he could be at his son's birthday party. So, now I'm "working" until 6pm and won't make either gathering date. I suck!!

Bad NoMo- must spank... hee hee.

Just try for another time, or we'll have to find you.
And we're good.

Mark

Old 01-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
good times, good times, it was definitly worth the trip from OKC to meet you all, i had a great time...its nice to get out of OKC now and then, even if its only for a few hours, im pretty proud of my old Ford, it made the whole trip trouble free,i knew it would(crosses fingers).........it took me a full tank there and 3/4's of a tank back, but since ken(ranger240) split the cost with me it wasnt so bad......im looking forward to meeting up with ya'll again in a couple months or so, ken and I are going to try and get a few other Ford owners to caravan up there with us up route 66, make it a kinda nostalgic trip, should be great........thanx for making the meeting 2 days so everyone could make it,even if we didnt get to see everybody this time, im sure that time will come.....till then everyone drive safe............

BTW: Alice, im so jealous of your truck!! seriously though its one pretty machine that id be proud to drive.........

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
....Will work for Rep points....
Old 01-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
As stated, thanks to everybody for showing up. I had a great time. I'll post the pictures asap... but I just got home from work... must take nap...

Nomo: That's just insult to injury man. Didn't even drop by to show off the new truck??

STan

Old 01-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Elder User

dakota_viking is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks everybody! It was great to meet some of you today! (Just wish it wasn't so cold and windy!)

Good food and good conversation is what it is really all about! I can't wait until we can do this again....maybe next time Alice won't get blown away by the cold wind!

OK, my challenge to everybody: Name a time and place for next month and everybody try to get their schedules to work so we can all be there at once! Don't be shy , speak up if you have any ideas.

This was really fun. Nice to meet everybody that I did and I look forward to meeting more of the Okie bunch next time.

Thanks again,

Tim
'94 Mustang Coupe
'76 F-250 "Project Copperhead" 460/C-6 (Lots of Rust!)
Old 01-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Senior User

donsboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
hey what are yolu guys talking about. i thought the meet was next weekend. i live at 121st and elm. are you telling me i missed the meet and im only 4 miles away?
Old 01-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Elder User

ranger240 is starting off with a positive reputation.
yeah, I really enjoyed it, I just wish I could have brought my truck. Luckily the rad blew not far from my home so I didn't have to tow it or anything. It will be with me next time. I really look foreward to making the trip up RT 66. make a long leisurely day of it. Next time I will make sure I have enough money to cover the hobby shop bill, ahahahhahaaa oh I'm broke now

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin
Old 01-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Ditto, to what Tim said. Thanks to all for showing up, even in that blistery cold wind! It was good to finally get some faces to put with some names. I'll have to upload all the increminating pics to my gallery soon. Can't wait to have some meets in warmer weather and actually do some activities or wrenching with ya'll. And Stan and Mark, we'll definately gets some fishin' in this summer.

Daily Driver 1978 F150

Last edited by cigarxtc; 01-22-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Senior User

Thumbs up I'm thinking next weekend too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsboy
hey what are yolu guys talking about. i thought the meet was next weekend. i live at 121st and elm. are you telling me i missed the meet and im only 4 miles away?

Hey Don

There's some more folks here in B.A. that missed this one, I'll
be out at Duffys 1/29/05 Sat. I want to meet with you, Romer,
and four other folks here too. PM me and let me know if Sat. is
good or when? and I'll get everyone else to let me know too.
We'll get everybody together.

Mark

Old 01-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
Tim: To answer your challenge... third friday in feb. at Incredible Pizza@ 71st/Memorial. Say around 3? Maybe 4? Bring the kids and spouse (in my case, my little brother) and we'll all climb into the go-carts for a few races to see who the King/Queen of the Chapter is. What do ya'll think?? Besides, they've got a rather large parking lot, and Mark and I have a score to settle.

Sorry we missed you Don, but there is always next time.

Remember if you are going to post pictures of the gtg, please post them in your gallery!!!!

Thanks everybody...

STan

Old 01-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter