Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2005, 01:18 PM
New User

Dclawson is starting off with a positive reputation.
95 ford ranger disabling the chime

Hi, I asked help before on my chime problem-someone said use wd40. I really would like to know which wire to cut. My truck is possessed, it keeps ringing on and off. I would appreciate anyones input. Thanks,Dave
Old 01-20-2005, 06:27 PM
New User

rangerdog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just follow your ear and un-plug the little black box that is making the noise.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:35 PM
New User

samich is starting off with a positive reputation.
The "box" is behind the radio on the drivers side... unfortunately unplugging it also dissables the windshield wipers and interior lights.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Postmaster

FTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to all
Idunthave1yet
Purposely and willfully destroy the chime itself?? (If ya cant unplug it) I had a friend pay me a few bux jus to ..."disable" his in the Chebby S-10
Old 01-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Junior User

da'Moose is starting off with a positive reputation.
In 95’ Ford was still using the buzz box. I removed it from my F-150 and my Ranger, with no problems with any other systems.

Da’Moose

90' Ranger 4x4 2.3l

02' F-250SD 4x4 5.4l
Old 01-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Senior User

Donald Rohret is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry, I don't know which wire to cut to disable the chime. I also have a '95 Ranger and was bothered by my chime sometimes sounding off when I exited the truck and sometimes it wouldn't. Some kind soul, who was aware of my problem, inquired if I had an after market radio installed. I did indeed. Apparently the GEM circuit was screwed up when they installed it. I found if I always leave my radio turned on, when I turn off the ignition key, the alarm doesn't chime when I exit my truck. Just a thought.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:30 PM
New User

pic498 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I Know How To Fix It!!!

my 95 did the same thing... chime would ring forever after i shut the door and was going down the road, and the interior light would stay on too. So what i did was got into that black box, removed it, then just broke off the siren. then i put it back in. the light stayed on though. so then my friend that had a 96 said to spray WD40 in the door jamb, so i did and the light stayed off. Now i wish i would've just used the wd-40 so i'd stop leaving my headlights on (you know--the headlight warning chime). but yeah, if the wd didn't work--break it off.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Junior User

RickPlmr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question How to disable the alarm horn honk?

Hopefully this isn't too off topic, but is there also a way to disable the horn from honking when the alarm is set (i.e. when you press the lock button twice on the key fob)?
Old 09-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Junior User

Gibber 1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The only way to disable the chime in a newer Ranger (and I'm not sure when Ford went to the circuit board type chime/windows/doors/etc.) is to take out the radio, remove the board from its case and very carefully unsolder the chime from the board. It can be done!! --- and after doing it, it's nice not having to listen to the stupid thing when you're trying to listen to the radio with the doors open!!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
94, 95, 96, 97, chim, chime, chimes, disable, disavle, disengage, door, ford, ignition, ranger, remove, turning