1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless remote - Disabling alarm "chirp"

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 07:53 PM
dragula
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless remote - Disabling alarm "chirp"

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but does anyone know if there is some way to turn off the "chirp" of the horn when the alarm is set on an '03 F350?

The chirp is way too loud and everyone around thinks I'm honking at them when I hit the keyless remote alarm button. I still want to be able to set the alarm, I just don't want to hear the chirp (or at least quieten it down some). I also don't want to disconnect my horns to avoid it.......for obvious reasons.

Thanks for any help!

Old 01-19-2005, 10:48 PM
JFWalker
Junior User
Mine only chirps when I set the alarm twice.

Old 01-19-2005, 10:55 PM
fatherheart3
New User
How Do I Program More Than One Remote For My F-350 1999 Dually..can It Be Done.i Turn The Switch 5 Times But Won't Prograqm More Than One..help/..
Thanks

Old 01-20-2005, 08:24 AM
jlstorm
Senior User
Originally Posted by fatherheart3
How Do I Program More Than One Remote For My F-350 1999 Dually..can It Be Done.i Turn The Switch 5 Times But Won't Prograqm More Than One..help/..
Thanks
Fatherheart3, You may want to start your own post for this question. It's generally considered rather rude to hijack someone elses post by posting your own question, especially if the answer to your question won't help answer theirs.

Last edited by jlstorm; 01-20-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:13 AM
fatherheart3
New User
sorry my friend,`but i was not hijacking anything..i can't get my text to write on a new post..there is no reason to be accused of being rude since there is plenty of room to answer your question..i did ask for help, not correction.i apoligize if i offended you..this is a great forum and i find most people very nice..again forgive me. thanks fatherheart3

Old 01-20-2005, 05:48 PM
dragula
Junior User
Originally Posted by JFWalker
Mine only chirps when I set the alarm twice.
JF,
When I push the button once on my remote, it only locks the doors....it doesn't set the alarm. Then, I have to push the button a second time to set the alarm and that's when it chirps.

Old 01-20-2005, 05:53 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
I have an '02 and the '03 may be different, but when I hit the remote lock button once, it locks the door AND sets the alarm. The second push is if I WANT an audible confirmation, I don't have to push it a second time to set the alarm. Again, this could have changed on the '03, I'm not sure.

Randy

Old 01-20-2005, 08:27 PM
dragula
Junior User
Originally Posted by RUNVS
I have an '02 and the '03 may be different, but when I hit the remote lock button once, it locks the door AND sets the alarm. The second push is if I WANT an audible confirmation, I don't have to push it a second time to set the alarm. Again, this could have changed on the '03, I'm not sure.

Randy
Well, maybe mine does too after all. I'll have to doublecheck it somehow tomorrow. I'll post back with results.

Old 01-21-2005, 10:09 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dragula-
I'm not aware of ANY factory alarm system on Super-Dutys. But there's an easy way to test for one: Start truck, roll down driver's window. Shut truck off, get out, close door and then lock with remote. Wait 60 seconds, reach in thru open window and open door from inside. If horn starts honking, you've got an alarm.

fatherheart3-
you have to turn the key on and off at least 8 times (maybe 10) to program an additional remote. Just keep turning the vehicle on and off till the doors lock and unlock, then you can program your extra remote. But you have to do all of them at that time, even the previously-programmed ones.

Old 01-21-2005, 12:17 PM
marspec
Senior User
Originally Posted by 1956MarkII
dragula-
I'm not aware of ANY factory alarm system on Super-Dutys. But there's an easy way to test for one: Start truck, roll down driver's window. Shut truck off, get out, close door and then lock with remote. Wait 60 seconds, reach in thru open window and open door from inside. If horn starts honking, you've got an alarm.

fatherheart3-
you have to turn the key on and off at least 8 times (maybe 10) to program an additional remote. Just keep turning the vehicle on and off till the doors lock and unlock, then you can program your extra remote. But you have to do all of them at that time, even the previously-programmed ones.
Is this another Ford Decont??? I haven't tried it on my '05 but on my '95 I woke up the whole campground when I found out at 10PM I had left a window open and reached thru it to unlock the door. I just figured it was still a feature you had when you ordered your SD with everything but the kitchen sink and the window sticker says it has the advance security group.

Old 01-21-2005, 12:33 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by marspec
...I just figured it was still a feature you had when you ordered your SD with everything but the kitchen sink and the window sticker says it has the advance security group.
You'd think that the "Advanced Security Group" would include some sort of anti-theft system wouldn't you? Then again, you'd think that "all-terrain" tires would actually be......oh, never mind.

Old 01-21-2005, 05:09 PM
dragula
Junior User
Well, Jeff I guess you're right. I don't have an alarm at all. I tried as you said and the alarm never went off. It obviously doesn't have one. I thought it was like my other Chevy truck and my wife's GMC Jimmy, both of which set the alarm by pressing the lock button twice.

You would think that a truck with an MSRP of over $50k (an F350 King Ranch) would have a real alarm. It seems kind of ridiculous to have the audible "chirp" at all and especially to have the panic button on the remote and to not have an actual security alarm.

Well, I guess I don't have to worry about the noisy chirp now since pushing the lock button twice does nothing more than pushing once (other than make it chirp). Guess I'll be looking for an aftermarket alarm now.

Thanks for the help.

Old 01-24-2005, 07:37 PM
rollinXplorer
Junior User
Does your truck have a blinking LED light? (Likely located near driver’s footwall) My Ford perimeter alarm chirps during disarm and arm. Your alarm may not have gone off when you opened the door if it was in “valet mode”. In valet mode the alarm still chirps but is not fully engaged. To turn off valet mode, press in the LED light, which is also the valet switch. Now the alarm should chirp once on disarm and twice on arm. This is how my ford perimeter alarm operates onmy 2000 Mercury Sedan and Mustang GT... however it may be different with your super duty. <o =""></o>
Good Luck,<o =""></o>
Joe<o =""></o>

Old 01-24-2005, 08:23 PM
SummerWind
New User
Originally Posted by dragula
Well, I guess I don't have to worry about the noisy chirp now since pushing the lock button twice does nothing more than pushing once (other than make it chirp).
Well, there is one other benefit of pushing the lock button twice. On the second press, as you've noticed, you get an audible confirmation that all is well. However, had all NOT been well, such as one of the doors ajar and otherwise unoticed by, you would get a fast double-chirp on the second push of the lock button, letting you know that all is not well, and that you should check your doors. In this hypothetical example, without the second push of the lock button, you would be unaware of your security breach. Try it, and you'll see.