2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are body lifts this bad??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 01:57 PM
mjbesen310
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are body lifts this bad??

I was looking into getting my 04 f150 2WD raised a bit, just 3 inches to give it more of a stance. I called my auto guy to see how much it would be to buy it and install it, and bassically he went off the wall on me. He told me body lifts are the hookyest thing to do to a perfactly good truck. He said body lifts are the worst thing you can do to a truck, frist he said "your going to take a perfactly good truck and ruin it" secondly he said, everything will be out of wack on the truck after the install" "You will have more things that break on the truck due to the lift" and "you will void the warrenty of the truck"

He said he could install it for me, but it would look horrable and ruin the hole truck. I've known him for about 6 years now and has always done everything to my cars in the past modification wise. I was surprised to have him a long with a couple other people in his shop say thats the worst thing you could ever do to any truck.

Whats your guys opinion on this?? Is he right? What about the guys in here who do have the lifts? Is it that bad like everyone says??

Old 01-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Ben Alston
Senior User
It want ruin your truck

Old 01-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Carnivore
Senior User
terrible. Do not do it.

Old 01-19-2005, 02:40 PM
mjbesen310
Senior User
Originally Posted by Carnivore
terrible. Do not do it.
Are You serious? If so how are they Terrible?

Old 01-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Carnivore
Senior User
ok let me start...

The steering shaft is at a different angle which can cause vibration and rubing
The driving shaft is at a different angle which can cause the same thing. The wiring and cables that go from the engine, tranny etc all are going to be stretch and in some cases may be too tight. Also the hoses and stuff are going to be the in the same boat. The body will flex more since there is several inches of rubber holding it up. NOt to mention the basty gap above the bumpers. The front grill air flow will not match where the radiator is.. and these trucks were designed specially for that. Don't forget about the gas tube having to be stretched and possible a rubber gasket being added to it. YOu will void almost every part of your factory warranty.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:29 PM
mjbesen310
Senior User
Originally Posted by Carnivore
ok let me start...

The steering shaft is at a different angle which can cause vibration and rubing
The driving shaft is at a different angle which can cause the same thing. The wiring and cables that go from the engine, tranny etc all are going to be stretch and in some cases may be too tight. Also the hoses and stuff are going to be the in the same boat. The body will flex more since there is several inches of rubber holding it up. NOt to mention the basty gap above the bumpers. The front grill air flow will not match where the radiator is.. and these trucks were designed specially for that. Don't forget about the gas tube having to be stretched and possible a rubber gasket being added to it. YOu will void almost every part of your factory warranty.
Okay!! Getting my truck raised is out of the question now no doubt!!! Man, what a headache everyone saved me by not getting one! :-) Thanks for the information, you saved me from a lot!

Old 01-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Carnivore
Senior User
if you have the money, just get a suspension lift. they are so much better looking and better for your truck.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:33 PM
BlkButy
Elder User
1st off some people on these boards know nothing about alot of stuff. I have owned F150's for the last 15 years and EVERYONE of them has been lifted by way of Body Lift. I have had ZERO yes that is ZERO problems with any of these trucks. I guess if it is done by a non-professional yes you may experience some problems but in 15 years I have had ZERO issues. Now I may just be lucky but I doubt that. ALMOST every big truck on these boards has a 6" Suspension Lift and 3" Body Lift or better. Hold out for more input before deciding not to do it. The other thing is: How long do you intend to keep the truck? If 3-5 years go for it, it would be someone else's issue later if it arose. Just my 3 cents.