2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration thru steering and body of truck. Any solutions to the problem?? please!?!?

Old 01-17-2005, 08:11 PM
db3812
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration thru steering and body of truck. Any solutions to the problem?? please!?!?

I Have A 2004 Supercab Xlt 4x4 And I Have A Horrible Vvibration While Driving In The Steering And In The Body... I Am Quite Annoyed. I Contacted My Dealer Today And They Told Me That I Have Done Everything To My Truck That Ford Has Sent Down The Lines And That There Is Nothing Else I Can Do. Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions At All... I Paid A Lot Of Money For This Truck And I Expect It To Drive And Ride Good Too... Help Anyone?!?!?!

Old 01-17-2005, 08:13 PM
jbone108
Senior User
read the vibration post it long but there is lots of good info in it.

Old 01-17-2005, 10:46 PM
bigwtx
Senior User
I don't know what you've had done, but how about having your tires road force balanced?

Old 01-17-2005, 11:16 PM
thenetguy
Senior User
....and they keep coming..
Sorry buddy, I well know your frustration. This is a great forrum to research and find the many issues which plague a few new F150 owners. You're not alone!
Use the search feature and sit down with a glass of wine to relax and just start reading.

Old 01-17-2005, 11:35 PM
FORD 4 ME
New User
There are TSB's out for the many vibration concerns. Take it to your dealer and tell them you want it looked at...what have they done so far?

Old 01-18-2005, 08:21 AM
db3812
Junior User
Thumbs down Everything

ok here goes

1. New Tires-and as everyone says.... ITS NOT IN THE TIRES!!!!
2. New Steering Rack-rack and pinion steering
3. New Rear End-whole axle not just ring and pinion gears
4. New Drive Shaft
5. Alignment
6. Road Force Balancing

I know that a few folks on here have said that they have gotten new clutch paks and the slip yoke greased.... not sure that would make much of a difference anymore.... i think the trucks have a design flaw that cant be fixed.
Contemplating contacting the DSB or a lemon lawyer.

Old 01-18-2005, 08:50 AM
dcurry1
Freshman User
My truck is in for the 6th time...this time at Ford Motor corp office request for a final attempt to fix the vibration. They had me take it to a diff dealer so that a regional tech(?) could look at it and determine if there was a problem...duh! They have had it this time since 1/11 and still have it, may get it back today and am waiting to hear from the corp office...obviously there is a problem (which I already knew) or they would not have kept it so long. My advice would be to call Ford headquarters and verbally make a complaint and state specifically what you want/expect. Also make sure you keep all of your service invoices, the corp offc did not seem to know about all of my serv visits so I mailed them certified copies of all the invoices. Although I am not happy this is all dragging out, I can say everyone I have had to deal with has been extremely nice. Not sure what the outcome will be but can tell you some of what they have done.... not mechanically inclined so may not say it exactly right! I am learning though .

tires balance 3 times (twice road-forced)
rotors resurfaced 2 times (how many times can they do this?)
new driveshaft
new tires
replc u-joints - something they are doing this time in...
replc yoke?? - something they are doing this time in...will post more detail when I get the actual invoice today or tomorrow.

I just want a new truck....FORD?? Losing my patience so not sure!

I can tell you that I have had a new truck to drive EVERYTIME mine has been in the shop and will not accept anything less! Thanks to this website I was not just a woman with "truck problems", I was an informed woman who at times knew about TSB's before the serv mgr .... knowledge IS POWER and this has been a great place to gain knowledge. thanks to all who have posted! You will never know how helpful you have been.

Search this Thread