Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2005, 06:26 AM
New User

Coondawg1344 is starting off with a positive reputation.
1977 Ford Bronco (Engine Stalls after overheated)

I have a 1977 Ford Bronco with a 302. Recently I warmed up the Bronco in the morning waiting for the engine to lower it's idle. Unfortunatly, I went inside and when I returned 15 min later the vehicle was idling at a high RPM rate.
I drove the vehicle about 500 yards when the engine stalled like it was out of gas. I vented the radiator and loosened the gas cap. The truck started and it drove like new.
The next day, once the vehicle heated up it again stalled twice. I made it to work and then after work on the drive home it stalled every 1000 feet. I wait 3-5 minutes and it would start and then 1000 yards later it would stall again.
I was thinking it may be a fouled fuel filter but I can't get why it stalls like it is out of gas. Is there anything on the 302 that will cut of gas supply??? or is it fouled distributor?????
Old 01-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Posting Guru

GrayRanger4x4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GrayRanger4x4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
First WELCOME to FTE!!!
Have you check for a blown head gasget{water in oil,oil in radiator}??You might need to add come coolent to it and find your lick if it is low.JMHO

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul;
The other for your freedom.
Many seem to have forgotten both of them.
Member of the Georgia Chapter

Old 01-17-2005, 06:52 PM
New User

Coondawg1344 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Head Gasket is fine. I know it needs a new Thermostat but I didnt think that the thermostat could cause the engine to stall. I am sure it is some componant that is getting overheated, I just cant figure out what it is.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Postmaster

3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.
vapor lock? if the engine is running hot and the gas line is getting to hot.......could cause it to stall
IT'S BETTER TOPLESS(Broads, Broncos, and Booze)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeast
you people scare me sometimes!!
"...sailors who drank beer escaped the curse of scurvy..."
Old 01-17-2005, 06:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter

Tags
1977, 1996, 79, bronco, broncodelaware, dies, engine, ford, hot, overheated, shuts, stall, stalled, stalls, taurus, truck