Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2005, 06:49 PM
New User

jennymnky is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Help!

ok today my dad and i changed my bypass hose for the anti-frezze... finaly got the hose off .... the got the new one on.... well i was letting it run i went upstairs to change clothes came back down stairs heard this horrible noise opended my front door theres my truck overheating and smoking so bad i could bearly see to get in the door to turn it off.... my dad sayed he checked on it like 3 mins befor and thats when he closed the hood....dose anyone have any idea what could had caused this! it kind of looked like something exploded with the antifrezze on the right side where the coolent and windshiled tanks are... oh this is an 88 bronco... we checheked the work we did and everything seemed fine!... anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Senior User

MonsterBroncoKid is starting off with a positive reputation.
check this

most times when you replace any sort of coolant hose you need tomake sure that coolant is in the hose and the radiator hasnt drained below the level of the pump cuz if it has it will not start pumping fluid on its own it needs to be started (i.e. have fluid in thepump to start the pumping cycle) so when you guys did this i imagine it drained below the pump at one point and when you filled it back up you needed to hand squize the lower radior hose to pull fluid into it so it can start, but didnt. i had this hapopen tomy old camaro and after about 10 minutes of runnin i came out and the head gasket had blown and a frieze plug and blown out. tore the motor a new one.
1984 bronco
Click To View The Current VA Time
Old 01-16-2005, 07:29 PM
New User

jennymnky is starting off with a positive reputation.
Never mind

i think it might be the thermostat
Old 01-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Senior User

93-331-29PSI is starting off with a positive reputation.
My money is on air in the cooling system.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
sounds like it was "air-bound" Next time let the engine run for a while with the cap off, the coolant will rise in the radiator, maybe overflow, then when the stat opens the coolant level will drop as it circulates. Run the heater to make sure there is circulation, refill and replace the cap.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 01-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Senior User

65vamonster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Had the same thing in my car, just took about 7-8 minutes. It was air in the system.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter