Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2005, 01:41 PM
New User

owensville is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question wiper motor 2002 escape

My 2002 escape suddenly is having problems! The wipers will not come on - I can get them to come on sometimes if I mess with them manually but they will not stay running. The wiper motor sounds like it is bogging down. Where is the wiper motor located? Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace? It's not a fuse problem (already checked that for wishful thinking).

I still can't believe my 6 disc factory radio quit!
Old 01-14-2005, 03:32 PM
New User

slowjam is starting off with a positive reputation.
sounds like you have one of those "visit your dealer" type. I got mine replaced same year I bought the car (but it was covered under wrrty). My radio also quits but I know the problem now, had to pay several dollars to figure the problem out. Ford dealers are really bad with repair. They always say they don't know what is wrong to get you in there. I wonder how they get certified by Ford.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Senior User

bananaboat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by owensville
Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace?
Remove the windshield wiper arms (mark the relationship of the wiper arm to the shaft first), remove the left and right cowl vent panels (might as well replace the cabin air filter while you do this - Fram CA4303 for $5 at Walmart), remove three bolts that hold the wiper assembly (one is around mid-windshield and two others are on the driver's side), then remove 3 bolts that hold the wiper motor onto the assembly.

It's not hard. I'd run the motor before I pulled it just to make sure something else isn't causing it to not work properly - trash, binding, etc.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid

Tags
2002, blades, change, cheap, cowl, escape, ford, motor, panel, parts, rear, remove, vent, windshield, wiper