ATI Procharger or Paxton Novi?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Burple
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATI Procharger or Paxton Novi?

Ok boys and girls I need someone with some intimate knowlege on these two centrifical superchargers. A Paxton Novi 1200 or the ATI Procharger P-1SC.
I have access to both and I want to supercharge my 93 F150, 5.0, manual.
Its lifted 7" and on 35" tires with original 3.55 gears I want to get more power on the highway. At 100km/60mph in 5th the engine turns about 2000rpm. what I want is to be able to keep the truck in 5th instead of shifting all the time. Will either of these blowers give me the boost nessary to enable me to have the power that I need for this?
Also I dont want to give the engine much more than 7 or 8lb boost but I do want to get it (the boost) as low in the rpm band as possible! (yes i am limited to the two mentioned blowers) Do I overdrive the blowers and put a blow off valve inline after the supercharger? I have no idea on how this works!
I have upgraded the exhaust to duals ,and an electric fan for cooling, but thats about it for engine mods.
Any advice would be muchly appreciated!

Old 01-14-2005, 02:42 AM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
What you need are some new gears. Probably at least 3.73 and 4.10s to put you back in the stock range. A supercharger is cool and all but won't fix the real problem Not only that but it will kill your tranny. You'll have a ton of power comming down the drivetrain and a ton of resistance coming up the other side. The breaking point is in the transmission.

Mike

Old 01-14-2005, 07:14 AM
DYERS6-71
Senior User
I would advise sticking to a 5# boost level and go from there...
also I prefer paxton simply because I have owned one of those
a long time ago and it never let me down

Old 01-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Hourang
Senior User
i agree, the supercharger will not help down low, you will only really feel it kick in at about 3k+ rpms. for what your looking for a roots type blower is better, they give you the low end torque your looking for. i would also get gears to help your problem. the trans will definately suffer, i think unless you have a c6 or strong c4, the trans will not hold up to much more than stock power levels. but as long as your not power shifting and racing at the track all the time you should be fine for a while.

as far as which is a better blower, the ati is better. it can handle more boost than the ball bearing paxton and last longer. but it looks like from your other post you picked the paxton which is good for your app.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:34 PM
dsblk93gt
Junior User
Originally Posted by Hourang
i agree, the supercharger will not help down low, you will only really feel it kick in at about 3k+ rpms. for what your looking for a roots type blower is better, they give you the low end torque your looking for. i would also get gears to help your problem. the trans will definately suffer, i think unless you have a c6 or strong c4, the trans will not hold up to much more than stock power levels. but as long as your not power shifting and racing at the track all the time you should be fine for a while.

as far as which is a better blower, the ati is better. it can handle more boost than the ball bearing paxton and last longer. but it looks like from your other post you picked the paxton which is good for your app.
The Novi 1200 is a gear driven blower and very capable. You are thinking of the old SN series ball drives.

HOLY OLD POST!!!!! Just realized that!!!!!

Last edited by dsblk93gt; 07-28-2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: olddddd.....post....