Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Who wants a Bronco for xmas??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 02:02 PM
MnHiFlyer
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who wants a Bronco for xmas??

I have to sell my Black with gray interior '90 Bronco XLT, 5.8L, with only 115K miles on it, remote start, 4" Rancho lift, 32" BFG's, Hella lights, etc. It's generally rust free except for the tailgate and a couple of small bubbles here and there. It's got the following new parts:

Windshield (OEM Ford)
Starter (OEM Ford)
Negative Battery cable
Exhaust (OEM with chrome tips)
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Spark Plugs

Recently:
Front Brakes
Ball Joints
Repacked hubs, etc.

The truck runs great, starts everyday, I've driven it daily for the past 2 years, but I needed to get a car with rear shoulder belts and better fuel economy for long trips with my g/f and her 5 year old daughter. Help a brother out, buy my truck! It's dependable, good looking, and I trust it completely. It isn't perfect, but it's clean.

Make me an offer, I'm starting out at $3800/bo. It needs a good home soon!

Josh
jshschmdt*yahoo.com

PS Happy Holidays!!

Last edited by MnHiFlyer; 12-21-2004 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:08 PM
MnBoomer
Junior User
Sorry, but I've already gotten my Christmas present: A 2002 Explorer Sport!
That's 2 Fords now, 77 Ford XLT 4x2 460 is parked for the winter.

Vicki

Old 12-23-2004, 09:20 AM
MnHiFlyer
Junior User
Congrats on the new ride! I got my new car yesterday...I'd keep the 'Ronco but it's not practical for me right now...no place to park it. It'd make a great stocking stuffer! Spread the word! It starts first turn even in this cold weather!

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas for the Christians in the group!

Peace,
Josh

Old 12-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Ol Rudy
Junior User
Sounds like a good price...but I don't know what I would do with anything that NEW.

Off topic but wonder if anyone can give an idea where I look for tips on getting my neighbor's 94 ranger 4cyl going...has been sitting in a parking lot since it failed to start some days ago. New plugs and battery but with his attempts, the starter now kicks out so it's badly worn (solenoid?).

I looked on the forum...found a post from a fellow complaining of hard starting in colder weather...then later said something like..."when the temp got below 60 degrees!'
It's a balmy minus 1 officially here...10 below in my backyard. Those forums must be populated by people from the southern states...not realistic.

Thanks for any ideas.

Old 12-24-2004, 07:16 PM
rick90yj
Senior User
Originally Posted by Ol Rudy
Sounds like a good price...but I don't know what I would do with anything that NEW.

Off topic but wonder if anyone can give an idea where I look for tips on getting my neighbor's 94 ranger 4cyl going...has been sitting in a parking lot since it failed to start some days ago. New plugs and battery but with his attempts, the starter now kicks out so it's badly worn (solenoid?).

I looked on the forum...found a post from a fellow complaining of hard starting in colder weather...then later said something like..."when the temp got below 60 degrees!'
It's a balmy minus 1 officially here...10 below in my backyard. Those forums must be populated by people from the southern states...not realistic.

Thanks for any ideas.
Does it crank over, but not fire? Is it getting gas? Check the module on the distributor if it's not getting spark. My 84 Bronco II (2.8 V-6) ran fine when I went to work one day, then that afternoon, no spark. My parts guy told me to change the module and that solved my problem.

Old 12-25-2004, 05:04 AM
Ol Rudy
Junior User
Thanks for reply...I am going to have another go at it after the 25th....warming trend.

As mentioned..not mine (I have an 83 300cid with a carb!) so I am breaking new ground here. I was also wrong on the year...it's a 96 and it does not have a distributor.
About a week and a half ago I started this thing for him by using a heat gun to warm the intake..it had then been sitting for 3 days and was 20 degrees.

I am going to try and get that Idle Air Control valve off...some posts indicate it can be a problem. Maybe it's stuck OPEN...too much cold air therefore too lean a mix. This is the model that has a fuel relay also...am gonna swap those around (there's 3. same number. control different things)

Starter bums me out..was good, he musta toasted it with too much cranking...I said solenoid...no, must be the drive that kicks out. So I have to get this thing warm and to start on a couple of cranks.

Auto trans...no bump start. grrrrrr

He is going to sell/trade this off. Good. Doubt he will get much as it is a 2wd...nice body BUT 140m and obviously needs some money thrown at it.

Last edited by Ol Rudy; 12-25-2004 at 05:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-26-2004, 04:23 PM
luckytruck79
Junior User
Take off the air cleaner tube and spray some carb cleaner into to intake and see if you can get it to fire. Does it fire at all? Maybe find the schraeder valve and push on the valve (looks like a valve stem on a tire} Should be a lot of pressure with the pump on.

Old 12-30-2004, 08:23 PM
darkknight9
Mountain Pass
MN highflyer:

Any pics?

Old 12-31-2004, 08:37 AM
MnHiFlyer
Junior User
Not handy, I have some on a CD at home, but I won't be able to get to it until this weekend. The good news is that I'll be where the truck is in New Hope if you want to take a look.

I should add that it has an ORI Prerunner bar with the 6" Hella 550's, and has all the trim removed, and Bushwacker fender flares. If that helps with the visualization....

Josh

Old 01-07-2005, 10:07 PM
the real Broncoholic
Senior User
go here for a pic https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...=65478&width=0
now I know its not the best pic but I can tell you that this is the first and only time this truck was wheeled.
It really surprised me to see such a nice, clean truck being wheeled. But it did great.
I have been telling all my friends about it but none of them want to buy it, I don't know why, but I sure would have bought it if I didn't buy myself a new Bronc just a week before I met Josh.
Believe me this truck is the best deal I've seen for what its got, I kinda wish I would've waited before I bought mine.
any way this was just to help him out, it was great truck in the mud, and nothing broke, unlike my trucks.

Old 01-10-2005, 02:38 PM
MnHiFlyer
Junior User
Thanks for the props Ben...that' the first time I've seen that pic too, it looks good!

PS, I did end up breaking something later...the negative cable to the starter must've got cut, which fried the starter as it was drawing huge amps. Oh well, I had the Ford Dealer put in new OEM parts....so it's good to go now.

That remote starter will be handy this week...I intend to drive the Bronco instead of my other car if it gets that cold, cause I know the Bronco won't have any issues unlike my new car...argh, which has already been in the shop 3 times! I should've saved my dough and just keep driving the Bronco!

Josh

Old 01-10-2005, 04:09 PM
darkknight9
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by MnHiFlyer
...argh, which has already been in the shop 3 times! I should've saved my dough and just keep driving the Bronco!

Josh
What kind of new car did you get BTW?

Old 01-12-2005, 04:55 PM
MnHiFlyer
Junior User
I bought a 2001 Audi S4. It's a 4-dr sedan, with Quattro and twin turbo's on a 2.7L V6. It's a lot of fun. I needed a 4-dr for my g/f's daughter and her car seat. I like it, and it's a Certified Pre Owned car, so it has the factory bumper to bumper 100K warranty. I got a great deal on it.

I really, really wanted the new '05 Mustang GT, especially after selling my '69 Camaro this fall, as a modern day muscle car replacement, but I couldn't justify spending that much dough, plus it was only a coupe. Maybe when the new Cobra comes out, I'll be able to get one.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:00 PM
darkknight9
Mountain Pass
" I needed a 4-dr for my g/f's daughter and her car seat."

???

Not easy enough with the Bronc? Is the rear seat diff to reach with the two seat set up?

Old 01-13-2005, 10:43 AM
MnHiFlyer
Junior User
The main problem is that the '90 doesn't have rear shoulder harnesses..which is required for her child seat..at least to be safe it is.

The other problem is that with the lift kit and the nerf bars, it wasn't exactly easy for either her or her Mom to enter/exit, and it certainly was impossible to reach in and fasten her safety belt without crawling in there as well. Throw in some slush and mud all over the nerf bars, and it became a royal mess. I'd have to swap the entire shell to gain the mounting points for the 3pt harnesses...and that seemed like a lot of hassle.

Besides, I wanted better fuel economy. The Bronco is great, but I couldn't really use it as a daily driver forever...I wanted to get something more practical as well.

So in the end, there was a bit of need, thrown in with a lot of want.

Josh

Quick Reply: Who wants a Bronco for xmas??