Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Nominations for leader

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Indiana Trucker
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nominations for leader

As one of the first people who asked for this I want to see this problem solved.

If Streetcruiser wants the job as leader great, lets get him installed. If Streetcruiser doesn't want the job or cannot fullfill the job requirements then we need someone else.

Either way lets get this underway.

I nominate Streetcruiser and myself. If you would like to nominate someone please post their name. Once we have several canidates, maximum of 10 names (because that is the most you choices you can have in this application in a poll), and each person nominated fullfills the requirements of the website as a leader, nominations are closed.

We then start an election thread with a poll of the nominees and after a certain length of time we closed the poll and then we have the new leader by majority consent. And if Million is agreed we give people 10 days from the time the polls are opened to vote. Once the ten days are up the person with the majority of votes is the elected leader.

I can see no other way to do this. In my opnion this is the most fair way. Please post your nominations here.

Old 01-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
I agree with you 95% and this is what I hoped would happen. We need more than just one person running for the job.
Why I said 95% above is that I beleive mil1ion is getting very tried of waiting on us to elect a leader. I would say that we should have until friday evening to get all the canidates ready. I emailed about 30 people last night becuase I don't want to see this chapter locked again so I ould say that enough people know about this that friday should be the cut off time for new nominations. I also don't think the polls should be open for more than 3 or 4 days. To put in better terms Mil1ion is tired of waiting on us. then friday when the nomination part ends either you or I could set up the polls. I have set up polls before and can do it if you don't want to. I am not tring to take over this chapter but knowone has really stepped up so I did.
I was nominated in another thread so I will nominate myself here.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Indiana Trucker
Senior User
Originally Posted by chris_ce
I agree with you 95% and this is what I hoped would happen. We need more than just one person running for the job.
Why I said 95% above is that I beleive mil1ion is getting very tried of waiting on us to elect a leader. I would say that we should have until friday evening to get all the canidates ready. I emailed about 30 people last night becuase I don't want to see this chapter locked again so I ould say that enough people know about this that friday should be the cut off time for new nominations. I also don't think the polls should be open for more than 3 or 4 days. To put in better terms Mil1ion is tired of waiting on us. then friday when the nomination part ends either you or I could set up the polls. I have set up polls before and can do it if you don't want to. I am not tring to take over this chapter but knowone has really stepped up so I did.
I was nominated in another thread so I will nominate myself here.
Chris,

Sounds good to me, Friday it is. I will say by Friday Jan 14 at 12:00 midnight eastern time. Then we can start the voting on Saturday and have it go through until midnight eastern on Saturday Jan 22 (with consent of Million)

We now have three nominations:

Streetcruiser

Chris ce

Indiana Trucker

Any more nominations?

Old 01-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
You definitely have consent

January 22nd is fine

Old 01-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Jesseburn
Freshman User
I really hate to make this more complicated than it probably is but...

when it comes down to the finaly voting process you guys should each give a speal about what you would do for our chapter... like goals etc...

Figured it may help a little...

Old 01-13-2005, 09:14 PM
the ranger
New User
i go away for one nite, and i come back tonight and walk into a full blown election. right on, this is good! and im all for doing it the political way, if need be. but i do have my way of doing things, and some peaple find my ways to be interesting. for example: **** on the election, lets do it the "road warrior way!" TUG OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OF THE CANIDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the one with the toughest truck wins! if i am going to have a leader, i need that leader to be strong, tough, inteligent, and drives a machine worthy of leadership. because thats how i am in my life, and my rig reflects that about me . so what do you say? how about both? election? and a truck meet???? hmmmmmmmmmmm , i smell octane........ but if we just only do the election, im cool with that, and my vote still stands. i vote for chris-ce... The Ranger....

Old 01-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Jesseburn
Freshman User
Lmao... Thats awesome....

Yeah Chris Seems pretty cool to me as well...