Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2005, 09:51 AM
New User

Matt_Ranger2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oil Pressure Guage

Hey just a simple question. I have a 2000 Plain Jane Ranger with almost 70,000 miles. About a month ago the oil pressure guage started to act up. When I start the truck the guage doesn't go normal until the truck is warm. Is this a common problem? I know I'm getting oil pressure because the truck runs cherry, just want to know wether it's worth spending the time and money to replace the guage sensor. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Post Fiend

F2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud of
Well the first thing i would do is get a test gage and remove the sending unit on the engine, and test the oil pressure there and see if the readings are the same. if they are the same, it could be a number of issue's, clogged oil pick-up screen in the pan, oil pump is starting to fail, crank or cam journals are worn, first thing to do is verify the oil pressure by testing it, you can buy these gages at any auto parts store
Old 01-13-2005, 09:13 AM
New User

Matt_Ranger2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great thanks!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:13 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter