Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Darryl Starbird show in Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 07:46 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Super Crew with Suiside doors!!! I will have to check them out.

Mike B

Old 02-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phillipSVT
I will be in attendance. Some of us are going to eat at Hooters at 5:00 if anyone wants to join us, then to the show.

I've got a few friends showing. Check out the two black 4-door Supercrews. One is on 22's w air suspencion and suiside rear doors. The other one is similar, with stock suspencion.
On friday or saturday??? If it's tonight... I may swing by to introduce myself... but wont be able to stay long... gotta be in Jenks @ 6 to sell a truck.

STan

Old 02-18-2005, 05:31 PM
phillipSVT
Junior User
Originally Posted by Traxxis
On friday or saturday??? If it's tonight... I may swing by to introduce myself... but wont be able to stay long... gotta be in Jenks @ 6 to sell a truck.

STan

It will be Saturday night. If you able to stop by or something then, shoot me an email and I can give you my cell number.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:38 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My son and I went to the show today. Got to see Bigfoot STOMP El Bandito at the 5:00 races!!! Got to check out Super Crws that plillipsvt metioned. Excellent trucks.
Here's a question. Why is that you see all these cool cars from our local area (TUlsa & Owasso), but you never see them on the road?

Old 02-20-2005, 01:00 AM
phillipSVT
Junior User
I just got back from the show. It had a few trick cars, but overall I wasn't as impressed as I thought I should have been. The one Screw (by the band area and wildlife thing) was getting the flames put on by the "Wizard" guy, and they looked nice. I will try to get a link up to a directory of pics that I took soon.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
I'm going to have to go with Phil... I wasn't too impressed. Especially since I payed $20 to go.

There was a few vehicles that really caught my eye though... like the Candy Apple Red '66 Fastback.... mmm.... still drouling over that one.

Also... there was what looked to be a late 60's cheby that Wet Willie painted... flames... the whole bit... even did a surf board to go with it... too cool.

Will post pictures soon.

STan

Old 02-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MikeB 88
My son and I went to the show today. Got to see Bigfoot STOMP El Bandito at the 5:00 races!!! Got to check out Super Crws that plillipsvt metioned. Excellent trucks.
Here's a question. Why is that you see all these cool cars from our local area (TUlsa & Owasso), but you never see them on the road?

Yeah, my little Brother and I got to see the trucks on friday night at 10... though we were pulling for Bigfoot... he got beat by... umm.... was it Addrenilin Rush??? Something like that.

Kinda drepressing to see him get taken by a cheby <---- since they're so close to stock and all!

STan

Old 02-22-2005, 08:25 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Well, I went on Saturday afternoon. Got to meet up with Alice and her hubby. Good to see ya'll again! I must say that the $20 entrance fee was a bit step for what ya get. And there was no Re-entry. But seeing the monster trucks and arena trucks race was pretty cool. I got to about 10feet of the monster trucks as they were pulling in and out of the pits. Now that is intimidating! Hey Stan, There was a very cool baby blue ranger that looked like your year truck that ran the arena track. He gave the best run in my opinion. I don't think it would take much to get yer truck to that level. Most of the arena trucks got some great air!!!!! Very impressive. One guy ran his cheby suv until the headlights fell off and the radiator hemoraged and it finally quit running. It was fun to see someone run their vehicle to death just for the heck of it. Next time I'll bring earplugs. Those monster trucks were just too loud. My left ear is still hurting. I got some great pics of some of the nice hot rods and great action shots of the races. Unfortunately the lighting stunk. In fact they did not have all the lights in the building lit up and the exhaust fans were not running!!!! What in the world were they thinking. It was too dark to get great pics and since the exhaust fans were not running the whole building was hazy with the exhaust smoke from the races. That was a very bad choice, IMHO. Needless to say many of my pics are not very clear or worth keeping. Glad I took all digi pics instead of regular film. That stinks, because I got some great shots of all the trucks in the air. And what is up with the very low Ford turnout. Most of the cars and trucks were Cheby's or other models. I did see the late model SCrew and the lightning pickups and the nice mustangs. There was even one F1 pickup. I can't imagine how much money some of these people put into those show vehicles. I also payed attention to the home locations of those vehicles that caught my eye. I didn't see many from this part of Oklahoma. I did notice that Black Lightning pickup from Owasso. I see that truck riding around all the time. But the other vehicles I did not recognize. I swung by the Tulsa Raceway Park booth to see what all the hub-bub was all about. Pretty cool setup. They had a big screen tv setup playing races from the track. Cool. I can't wait for the track to open up. I wanna go watch some more drag races!

I will try to get some of the good pics posted in my galleries soon.