Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

February Meeting

Old 01-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
February Meeting

Our Chapter February meeting will be held on either Sunday the 6th or Sunday the 27th. Voice your choice as to the best date.

The locations we discussed prior to the January meeting as well as at the meeting. Is everyone okay meeting at the Patio in Darien again?

The Patio is located on Route 83 and just NORTH of 75th street in Darien.
We will assemble in the WEST end of the parking lot and enter as a group as usual.

The Illinois Chapter's First Show/Picnic will be held at Kankakee River State Park. The date selected was May the 8th with a rain date to May 15th.
Final details as far as which parking/grove area/etc. will be made as the date gets closer.

Thanks to our Chapter Event Coordinator John for his hard work in this event planning. John will select the final grove/parking lot locations to hold our show/picnic.

We discussed the joint meeting between the Illinois Chapter and the members of the Indiana chapter. U.S. 41 remains our first choice for a meeting with a possible date in June or July. I'll contact the Indiana members to see if there is a month or date that best suits them.

We welcomed our new faces at the January meeting and we discussed a number of topics as well.

Send me your suggestions on the sponsor sheet so it can be approved at the meeting and sent out in March. Also, any suggestions for Dealers/businesses should be either sent to us or shared at the February meeting.

Planning continues on creating a quality Chapter web page/site as well. I hope to have some solid information/results to share at the February meeting on this project.

Keep those suggestions for the Chapter logo coming as well. Perhaps we can settle on a design and display it for the show/picnic.

With Carol having been honored as our Member of the Month in January, I would like to nominate Bob as the February Member of the Month.

Be sure to make photo copies of the interest/information sheet and include you screen name or name on the appropriate line to earn credit for new members the sheets bring to the site and Chapter.

Looking forward to seeing more new faces at the February meeting, see you then. Fastronald

Last edited by Fastronald; 01-09-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
4X4 shops

At the January meeting there was mention of the old "Godmudders" off road shop. It is no longer located on Ridgeland Ave in Worth anylonger. It's alive and well and in Indiana. Go to www.godmudders.com and you'll see it all. I'm not sure if "The Mud Puddle" is still in business either. They had been located in South Holland and moved to Indiana years ago.

At any rate, Godmudders is still in business.

Fastronald

Old 01-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Midwest meeting

The meeting between the Illinois Chapter at U.S. 41 with Indiana members maybe on hold.

Without having elected/selected a Chapter Leader the Indiana chapter forum has been locked.

This would then allow us to plan with the members of the Iowa/Missouri Chapters for a meeting/weekend event/picnic.

Let me know what your thoughts on this are?

Keep in mind our first chapter show/picnic will be in May at Kankakee River State Park.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:56 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
The Patio is ok with me,either date would be ok with me.Thanks for the member of the month honor.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Meeting Date

Would everyone be okay with meeting on the 6th?

With two members going to be out of state, we can wish them a good trip.

I hope we'll continue to see new faces, discuss the chapter logo, dates for a Midwest meeting at U.S. 41 with the Indiana Chapter members and aprove or make changes to the sponsor sheet.

Fastronald

Old 01-14-2005, 05:17 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

February 6th at the Patio sounds good to Carol and I. I think we're going to bring the maroon 92 Flareside this time. I would like to second the nomination of Bob for February's member of the month. He's been a valuable member for the Chapter, and he's been at every meeting except for one so far. Hopefully the trans. will be fixed on his 78 F150 in time for the meeting so he can drive it!

Old 01-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Meeting

Yes............Hope Bob is able to get the truck on the road again. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Old 01-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
February meeting

Okay.............everyone in the general South and Western and Northern suburbs.

We'll be happy to welcome new faces at yet another Chapter Meeting.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Fastronald

Old 01-27-2005, 09:03 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
The f-150 is back together and ready for the road.Thanks for the member of the month honor everyone.See you at the meeting.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Meeting

Glad to hear your truck is back in business.............you deserve the member of the month, Thanks, Ron

Old 02-01-2005, 09:36 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
There is a chance I may not make the February meeting,I should know for sure by the end of the week.

Old 02-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Meeting

Not a problem ...........we'll miss you though.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:54 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
Sorry I won't be able to make the meeting,let me know how it goes.

Old 02-07-2005, 09:08 AM
RedChick
New User
I'm so sorry I missed the meetings. It's been a busy busy month already! I can't wait to hear about it though!