Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
So what's the news?

As you can see, traffic has really slowed down in this side of the woods... mine included. So I thought I would give you guy's an update on my last few weeks and was hoping maybe you all would let us know how you're doing and what's been happening.

Everything's been pretty good here in my area. I was certainly glad to have a few weeks off from college work and my college job. The first week, I had to do my Christmas shopping, yeah that's right, I was shopping up until Christmas eve morning Christmas eve, some of the family came over and we all had a little dinner, then retired our seperate ways to find a corner to nap in. Christmas day, we went to my grandmother's house and had the usual Christmas lunch, fairly uneventful. Then I ventured down to Salisaw on the following tuesday to see my other side of the family where I found that my father had bought himself a '68 Mustang (289 w/ automatic), anyways, sharp car but it's pretty rough mechanically, so I pretty much spent the rest of the week turning bolts under it and his old wrecked '88 1/2 ton to get the motor and tranny out of it which only had about 13k miles on it. New years once again was pretty uneventful... no pretty girl to kiss at midnight... again So after tomorrow, it's back to the daily grind of 7 days a week plus the whole college thing...

So let's hear it, how have you guy's been? How's the new job working out for you Jim? How's the store going Alice? How's the family doing Ron?? And everybody else.... what's up? Give us the update.

STan

BTW: Please disregard any spelling/grammar errors... I just got home from work, which started at 5 this morning....

Old 01-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Howdy All. Happy 2005! Well I also enjoyed that couple weeks off from school!!! It gave me some time to work on my honey-do list and my sons go cart. Hope to have that done in time for summer. We're gonna have a busy 1st quarter of 2005. I start this school semester tomorrow evening. My wife and I are expecting our second child in late April! It's gonna be a boy. Our family is doin' great and enjoying the occasional warm spells during this winter weather. Weird Oklahoma weather. I plan to start fishing in April/May. I also plan to start setting some brush piles/fish attractors in late Jan/early Feb. If anybody wants to help I'll share the locations with ya.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 01-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
Okay Ron... we need to work on this fishing thing... I've still been waiting for an invite! BTW: Congrats on the newcomer... I'm sure Blake will be excited to have a little brother or sister to help raise trouble around the house... eh?? Speaking of go-carts, I've been contemplating buying myself a shifter cart, you know... one of those with a 125 cc Suzuki motor or so, and runs on alcohol??? hehe. But I think I'm going to wait and see if they EVER get around to putting that road course by the drag strip like they've been promising as I would hate to have to drive all the way to Hallet just to drive the thing. I don't know, we'll see.

Anybody else??

STan

Old 01-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Senior User

White_Knight is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Howdy All. Happy 2005! My wife and I are expecting our second child in late April! It's gonna be a boy. Our family is doin' great and enjoying the occasional warm spells during this winter weather. Weird Oklahoma weather. I plan to start fishing in April/May. I also plan to start setting some brush piles/fish attractors in late Jan/early Feb. If anybody wants to help I'll share the locations with ya.

Congrats, Ron

Hope all goes well for you and the Mrs. Have 12' flatbottom, will travel.
Email me and let me know, I'll help too.

Mark

1977 F-250 Ranger XLT 4WD Styleside "Wicked Wilma" - now packing a 6.9 IDI!!!

"Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda
Old 01-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Elder User

dakota_viking is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dakota_viking is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well, I'd like to first start off by offering a big "Congrats!" to Ron and family!

As for the holidays, I'm glad they are over. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but this year was a little too much. (Cue the dramatic music)

I started out the Christmas holiday by welcoming into my house the following:
My Mother in-law and Father in-law,
My Brother in-law and his new wife and her 2 young boys (ages 1.5 and 3)
and 2 extra dogs. (We have 3 dogs, 5 birds and 6 cats already in our house!) (Don't ask.....)

The extended family was in my house for a WEEK. (Enough said....sanity is slowly returning and I am seeking counseling for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)

I've learned that no matter how well you get along with family, it's really nice to see them leave too!

The New Year was pretty uneventful. We visited with neighbors and had some good conversation.

Yesterday (the 10th), I celebrated my 37th birthday with my wife and kids and a couple of friends. Good steak, good conversation and a good cake!

Now, I am looking forward to saving some money so I can get started on my '76 F250 that I have mentioned in other threads. I have purchased a new MIG welder in anticipation of doing a large amount of body repairs.

Ron, the fishing thing sounds great! I've been looking for you around town, but every time I see your truck, it's going about 65 down the highway. If you happen to see my black Expy with the checkered flags, just wave me down.

Hope everybody has a good year and I hope we can all work on meeting soon!

Tim
'94 Mustang Coupe
'76 F-250 "Project Copperhead" 460/C-6 (Lots of Rust!)
Old 01-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Senior User

1978fordtruckgirl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Happy '05 y'all! Christmas was a little sad, but great at the same time. Just glad the retail end of it is over and our back room at Wal-Mart is now empty! Had an asst. manager talk to me the other day about becoming a support manager on overnights for a while. It wont pay anymore, but it gets my foot in the door for future management training which could double my salary. Sounds good to me! My store, on the other hand, saw the last day of business on Jan. 1. YYYYYEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Have a possible buyer for the building so that would be a big load off my mind. Have part of my inventory sold too. Now if the IRS doesn't eat me, I'll be OK.

Congrats! Ron and family. Hope everyone stays healthy. We've got a boat, too. Now that I have weekends off, I'll be doing some of that fishing thing too. Let me know.

The Mustang sounds cool, Stan. Was looking at a '66 at an auction last weekend, but decided we still need to redo the '65 first. Also need to save the bling for my '06!

This will probably be my last day to post for awhile. I'm going to shut off the phone service at the store. I'll hopefully get hooked up soon at home as Dave and I have cell phones instead of a land line. Will get back on ASAP. You hopefully have my cell no. Stan, in case you need to get ahold of me. If not, call Vinita Wal-Mart, Sun. night thru Thurs. night, 10:00 pm to 7:00 am and ask for me.

Mark, Tim, glad to hear from you. We will meet this year one way or the other!

Until next time!!!!!!

Alice
1975 3/4 ton flatbed farm truck
1965 Mustang next in line for restore
Old 01-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Postmaster

Great, Alice... can't wait til you get that 06 Cobra... Tell you what, when they come out, we'll gtg and take the Lightning to the dealership and take the Cobra out for it's first "pass"... hehe (yeah right, the L. would get smoked). Yes I do believe I've still got your cell number, I hope atleast... must dig through the masses of emails to find it and everybody elses.

Tim, I'm in Owasso quite often and I've still never seen your expy around... hope to actually meet you soon.

STan

BTW: I see a fishing gtg sometime soon....?

Old 01-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Elder User

ranger240 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello all, my name's Ken, if you didn't already know.

congrats Ron!! God has truely blessed you with one of the greatest miricles.

as for how things are/have been going....
Christmas was kinda blahzay, it seems no matter how hard you try to please your children, they are always dissappointed with their gifts.

We went to my brother's house for a christmas party with the family, it was fun. It was really nice to have ALL of the family together for the first time in 5 years, man there were alot of people there. 22 people in my family (just from my parents and siblings and their immediate family). My wife gave me my gift early because it got really cold and she gave me a new leather coat, which I love!!!! but it seems no matter how many times you ask for something in particular, you never get it. The only thing I asked for was parts for my truck, and the closest thing to that was a CD wallet from my wifes Aunt. haha, now I sound like my son!!

new years was a waste of time as I had to be to work at 1 am Januaru 1st. we played yatzee and scrabble till 12:30 then I had to leave, I did have fun though, with friends and family. I got to kiss the wife as we brought in the new year.

Did I hear fishing? when, where, lemme know!!!!! I need a good excuse to get more tackle!!! I don't have a boat but I'll bring beer!! hahahaha

Happy New Year everyone!! and may all your resolutions be fulfilled.

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin
Old 01-14-2005, 10:19 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter