You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
It's been a long time since I've posted on this site and if I am not allowed to post a For Sale in this area I apologize.
I've got an old 1985 F150 Long bed with 300 I-6 (and 3.55 rear diff and maybe a C6 tranny) I need to get rid of. It just sits in our driveway doing nothing and my wife is really giving me an ear full about it.
It's beat up pretty well and a lot of rust. I've put it in the classifieds section with more info. Probably has around 215,000 miles on it.
$200.00 is all I need. It will drive (and well) but the Air/Fuel control solenoid on the carb is shot so it runs really rich and idles rough. All smog equipment still attached. Someone added some extra leafs to the rear springs so it rides pretty high in the rear but will haul quite a bit.
Here's a list of stuff I've done to it:
1. New front tires
2. New shocks all around
3. New plugs, wires, dizzy cap, rotor (with about 500 miles on them)
4. New MSD coil
5. Autometer guages, water temp, oil pressure, tranny temp (not hooked up)
6. Small tachometer
7. New valve cover gasket
8. New 2.5" exhaust system with new catalytic converter and Flowmaster Delta 40.
9. New headlights
10. New fan clutch
11. New 180 degree thermostat
12. New drivers side vent window
13. New fuel filter
14. New air filter
15. New PCV
16. New fuel pump
17. Tranny coller
Here's whats wrong with it:
1. No A/C
2. Manual windows
3. Rusted completely thru the floor boards.
4. Air/fuel solenoid is bad. Engine runs really rich and it idles rough.
5. AM radio only
6. I rebuilt the carb about two years ago. I noticed small blisters inside the float bowl so it will probably need a new carb.
I'll see if I can find some more pics incase anyone is interested. I put some in the classified add and I think I have the same ones in my gallery. I'm at work now. I believe I have a few more at home.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.