Nova Scotia Join Chapter, Leader:

Who Do we Have?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 07:33 AM
bossind
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Who Do we Have?

Thought it would be nice to get to know one another a bit better. So I'll Start.

I drive a 1996 EB Bronco, had it since 1997 was a demo at a Nova Scotia ford dealer. I plan to install a 5.8L in it next year I have 190000kms now and its getting time to rebuild to I'm on the search for a 96 or 97 (f250s still had them) 5.8L with the computer. Figuring if I have to rebuild I might as well go a bit bigger.

I have a 8.8 rearend that I've installed disc brakes on, some pics in my galley on that and once I find some 4.10 gears I'll be installing it under my bronco.

I work in the education field as Manager of Information Systems, supporting some 2000 machines - we look after Macs, PCs, servers, printers, web, security camera's and telecomm. Considering I have a small staff of 4 we sure kick ***.

And I live in New Brunswick

For fun I go to junk yards to find treasures and work on fords. I always like fords so I'll be sticking with them. Just wish they didn't rust so bad!

Ok thats a start now lets hear from you.

-Steve

Old 12-31-2004, 11:24 AM
MatthewC
Elder User
I have a 1984 Bronco, and I have owned it for about six or seven months. The previous owner who built his own drag car flipped it onto its side while catching a cross-wind on a bridge while towing his car. He completely rebuilt it, and sitched every body panel and replaced them with new aftermarket ones. It was painted a nice pewter silver.

It has a 351 HO in it, and about 180,000 kms, a C6 transmission, np-208 transfer case, and open 3.55 gears in a 9" rear.

Upcoming upgrades will soon be new carpeting, a new carburator, and would like to have the engine rebuilt. Also just ordered new long tube headers, and mufflers.

I just started a job with the Sherrifs department, and work as a bouncer on the weekends. I also live in Fredericton, NB.

Old 01-02-2005, 09:59 AM
BlueOvalBaker
Senior User
I've got a 1990 Volvo 240 DL on the way tomorrow, which will be mine to drive, since its a 5 speeder, then there's the 4.6 F-150 and Focus, my parents. As soon as the insurance lets me, I'm getting the truck off my dad, and I'm unsure as to take out the 4.6 and put in a 5.4 supercharged or not, since money is an issue. I'd like to get a brake kit for it, since its stopping time is questionable.

As for the time being, I sit at home a lot and work around the house. My dad works with Secunda Marine, so I'm around the house quite often splitting wood or mowing with my JD, cleaning, or anything that needs to be done. Unfortunately I don't get an allowance, so I'll be in the job market within the next 2 weeks I hope.
I live in Lake Echo, which is about 20 minutes outside Downtown Halifax going towards the Eastern Shore. My roots take me back to Cape Breton where I now reside at least 1/4 of the year. I love going outside, taking my fourwheeler out, or just sitting outside pondering new ways to make life easier. I work on cars as I can, and when possible, take them apart or do experiments. Explorers are my favourite vehicles by Ford, because we had one. Finding treasures that are worthless to me, and I have a collection of Patrick Roy hockey Crads worth over $1500 in Beckett.

Old 01-02-2005, 04:42 PM
jacque_strap
Senior User
I've owned my 91 / 92 Bronco for about 1 year now. It's metallic blue in colour with a black top. Most of the work I do myself and since I work at NAPA thats where most of my parts come from. Its not an amazing truck by any standards, simply a stock Bronco with the original 302 (almost the 300,000 on the old girl), freshly rebuilt E40D, BW1356 TC, and an 8.8 posi-trak rear end. I just got a new Lincoln MIG welder so I'm looking forward to some specialty items I can make with that.

Future thing to tackle include fixing my rear defrost, installing all new front brakes (which I just bought the other day), new bearings in my alternator and differential. Hopefully that will be all... for a long, long time, so I can maybe save a little bit of money?

By the way I'm in Fredericton, NB.

P.S. Matt, I've seen you floating around town a few times in that silver beast of yours. I've never seen any one look like they actually fit in a Bronco, looks like if you hit a bump your head might go through the roof.

Old 01-04-2005, 04:56 PM
slow92
Junior User
hey I have a 1992 F150 short-box 2wd (pics in profile) In the spring I plan to get it painted oxford white to match all the other fords in the yard if cashflow allows I plan to lower it as well and get some bigger wheels.
I eat, sleep, deam, and talk ford 24-7 and I love this site, cant wait to meet ya'll in the spring

Last edited by slow92; 01-04-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:06 AM
CdnSoldier
Senior User
Damn Steve!
Your a Rebel. I would like to put a set of rear disc on my Aero. I think, a set from an Explorer would work. It's a 94 Aerostar Ext XLT, 4lt,loaded,etc. It needs the basics Ac conden, a lil inside work, rockers and side panel replaced, and the front floor. Aeros have that drain that glogs up and rusts out the floor over the frame. I do most myself, pretty handy with a hammer and vice grips.HAHA. But my welder craped out, compresser craped out. So now I pay, had it since new and only 110Ks so its a cheap way to get a new veh.
My wife owns a 98 Explorer XLT, 5Lt loaded, great for her. Needs a lil paint chip repair, and new tyres. And that damn Ford Radio. I like to keep the radio, it works great. And the Stero fella back in Ontario. Told me they are a very good system, just the display, goes.

SOOOO Jacque
You work at NAPA? Your in for it now. HAHA. I buy most of my stuff there, some things are a good deal. My wife works at CT on Smythe, I cannot beat that. But I have found CT does have higher prices. Pickup a set of Ball Js for my Aero cheaper at NAPA but for my wife's Exp CT was cheaper.
AND A WELDER TOOOO, Can I be your friend. HAHA.
Well fellas, maybe a coffee some time. As a group.

Dave, Oromocto.

Last edited by CdnSoldier; 01-05-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:07 PM
John Casey
Junior User
Hi. I drive an all red on gray 1994 XLT Bronco, had it since 1997 when I bought it in Edmonton. I plan to install an Eagle 352 stroker in it in the near future. That is after I fix all the problems on the engine I bought for that purpose [bossind is laughing as he reads this]

It's got 195k so I have an excuse in any case. Headman ceramic headers, 3 gauge pod, and a 6 disk changer from 7 years ago that is on its last legs. E40D, 3.55 and open diffs on both ends...for now.

I have had the rear quarters repaired once so far and while I was at it I had the top filled and painted so I could keep it polished to the same surface as the rest of the truck.

I defend the country as well and have a house in Lincoln Park Gardens [just outside Fredericton]

For fun I go to junk yards and buy things bossid tells me to and then have him laugh at he problems I get myself into.

Last edited by John Casey; 01-05-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:42 PM
beer boy
Senior User
from around

its good to see some atlantic input. we (the wife and i) own a 2001 supercrew lariat. in the process of some upgrades tuner etc... also have a 1990 f250 with a 302 HO out of a stang, auto, 4x4 in need of serious body repairs. fords are my hobby working on heavy equipment for a local johndeer company (wallace equip) is my living. lets hear more on this spring meeting..

Old 01-06-2005, 08:26 PM
bossind
Elder User
Truck Update

Found a set of 4.10 gears for the 8.8 rearend. Got them off of ebay so I should have them in a couple weeks.

Dam starter died, yeah found out when i went to go home from work. click, click, click!! had to rebuild it in the parking lot and it was dam cold out!! (Wolf 19a was no wheres to be found!!)

While under the truck I noticed it was all wet under there and it wasn't frozen, DAM it!!! Coolant!! Rad leaking again. ok enough of that ordered a new one today and will be installing that tomorrow.

Sooo i've been driving the wife's car, thank god i bought her a car years ago.

Well I should be back on the road by the weekend, and than I'll be parking it anyways for I'll be drinking all that cold beer I have in the fridge that didn't get used up over the holidays. Yes I'll be needing those drinks after this week at work. The truck problems were just the topping of a fun filled week.....

Oh now I'm looking for some 2.5 lift coil springs for the front, any one interested in my 4" lift coils?

and yes we need to plan a meeting I'll find some dates for that moncton car show and start a new post on that.

ok enough bitching, feeling a bit better though.

Last edited by bossind; 01-06-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:40 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Pm me on a price for the coils, im feeling lucky enough to dodge the RCMP, unless they want to nail me in a parking lot.....

-Matt

Old 01-06-2005, 08:49 PM
bossind
Elder User
I'll keep you in mind Mat once i get my replacements.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:04 PM
2Northstars
New User
G'day to all

Hi. I purchased my first truck a few weeks ago, and I still have a silly grin on my face. She's a 98' F150 SCrew Lariat 4x4, burgundy with beige trim. 166,000km.

It's in what I would call a "below average" condition with lots of scratches and a couple of dents. The leather interior is in poor shape with a small tear on the drivers seat, and a good chunk of leather is ripped on the steering wheel. Mechanically, I'm in the process of having the following parts replaced: the lower ball joints, inner tie rod ends, rear brakes (shoes and drums), 2 emergency brake cables, all 3 flex lines, 1 gas tank strap, resistor for the heater fan speed control. And, the 4 way flashers, drivers side mirror signal light, both side mirror electric controls, and the licence plate light need to be fixed as well. Oh yea, and the tires are bald too.

Who am I kidding, it's in crappy shape! But I still love it. It's in the garage now, and I'm hopping to have it safetied and on the road this weekend. I haven't purchased new tires yet, but I'll have to do that to before the safety. I'm leaning toward a set of Wildcountry Radial APT (by Goodyear). A local tire shop will put 4 of them on for 590.00 out the door. Do any of you have this tire, or heard anything about them?

I'm originaly from Moncton, but now live near Truro, NS.

Cheers

Old 01-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Michelle_Andree
Freshman User
Hi! I'm in SJNB, have a '79 SWB Flareside, owned it since new, (wow, that's dating myself), bought it from my uncle at Scott&Grace Ford in Digby, (no longer in biz, Uncle Ted died quite a few years ago). $5500 new!!
I don't drive it in the winter anymore for reasons I don't need to explain. Check out my gallery. I did the restoration work with some help from a friend. Have new weatherstrip and other parts in garage waiting for spring.

Oh! I'm looking for a junk '78 or '79 F-series or Bronc for parts.

Ciao guys, nice to meetcha
Michelle

Old 02-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Motoshrump
Junior User
Hey All, I am located in East Saint John, NB. I am currently driving a 93 F150 302 2wd. It is in the middle of extensive work, both cosmetic and performance. I do a fair share of off roading (mostly down at a small oval dirt track that me and group of friends have cleared over the years for bikes, quads, anything with wheels really). At the moment I am looking for a set of 3.73 gears and a limited slip unit for the 8.8 rear end, if any one has any possible leads please by all means let me know. Blue Oval Forever!

Old 02-17-2005, 04:18 PM
BlueOvalBaker
Senior User
2Northsyars- Was this truck stolen? It sounds like something a couple kids would steal and joyride, but my truck is in little better shape, except I don't have the Leather Seats- I have the XL trim:d. It does me well, so I give you kudos for btinging back one of our own to life