2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No one to turn too

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 06:29 AM
RyPetty58
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No one to turn too

I recently leased a 2004 F-150 Ext cab 4x4 FX4 4 months ago! Since i have had the truck i have had nothing but problems. It has been towed 5 times and in 2 other times. It nowhas a new throttle positioning sensor, throttle body, fuse pannel, fuel pump, fuel sending unit 2 times, starter, and serpintine belt. I do not trust the truck any more. I have been late to work and not been able to go to work when all along i got the truck so i could make it to work! This truck has caused me more stress then what it is worth! A $38,000 paper weight. I have talked to many people and no one seems to have a resolution. All's i want is a truck that i can trust and will get me to work. Ford is reviewing my case but that is going to go no where. Everyone says get a lawer but then that is costing me even more money! Between missing work and getting into trouble and being stuck on the side of the road freezing i am stuck! I need help and fast before i do not have a job to pay my truck payment.

Stressed out,
Ryan

Old 12-29-2004, 06:56 AM
lancer
Elder User
I would check in your area and see if the government has a thing called a lemon law. I'm not 100% sure how it works but it may be able to help you out. Ford should just give you another freakin truck and they can fix that one on there own time. I am a die hard Ford man but stories like this really suck!!! Get with it Ford. Get your act together!! Good luck!!!

Old 12-29-2004, 07:33 AM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have never leased a vehicle, so am not sure of the specific terms. I would read the lease thoroughly and see if there is any way to get relief due to failure of the product to perform. This might be easier if the lease is through Ford Motor Credit and if the truck was new.
It might be worth an hour's worth of a lawyer's time just to review and give you guidance.
I'd expect the lease probably has something releasing the leasing company from any "warranty or guarantee of fitness for a particular purpose", but I do not know if that would completely relieve them if the vehicle they have leased you can be demonstrated to be defective.
I would strongly consider requesting review by a lawyer and - if he/she thinks it is worth trying - have the lawyer send a letter to the PROPER parties with the leasing company and possibly Ford as well. Perhaps a strong indication that you are not going to back down, or dry up and blow away, would prompt them to action. But, I'm sure they have lawyers as well, so maybe it wouldn't do anything for you.
You might try requesting a meeting with the appropriate individual at the leasing company, explain your plight, and ask for the lease to be terminated, with your obligations under the lease be cancelled and cleared - in writing. Absent that, you "will be contact your attorney and their next communication from you will be from your attorney."
Unless you want to try it again, I'd consider avoiding any type of rollover or "new lease" unless they just give you an equivalent replacement with no changes (read: added costs or longer term). I'd just be on the look out for them to burden you with additional costs during this time of frustration for you.
Please let us know how it turns out.

Old 12-29-2004, 09:47 AM
deltasoft
Elder User
i'd say do like lancer says, take ur truck to ford with a big complaint of it braking lots since u bought it and for them to give u another one like it......if it doesnt have high capacity of miles, because seriously thats a factory problem since is a 2004 , i mean i have a 1986 and non of my sensors have failed lol, although i've put everythin new on it starting from radiator etc. well dont hassle , take it to ford and let them deal with the problem, goodluck bro.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:13 AM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might try painting "lemon" on the side windows and parking in front of where you leased it on the street if possible. If there is public parking on the road out front, I don't think they could do anything to you except ask you to leave. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:15 PM
RyPetty58
New User
The funny thing about my truck is it is yellow! I have been to ford and complained and they are going to go over all the things that have gone wrong! The problem with this is everything to them is a concern not a problem. The lemon law is not doing me justice because it is not the same exact thing every time. To them i am nothing and i posted on the web just looking for some opinons or someone who may been in my boat and did not sink.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:51 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RyPetty58
The funny thing about my truck is it is yellow! I have been to ford and complained and they are going to go over all the things that have gone wrong! The problem with this is everything to them is a concern not a problem. The lemon law is not doing me justice because it is not the same exact thing every time. To them i am nothing and i posted on the web just looking for some opinons or someone who may been in my boat and did not sink.
I'm sorry if I offended you. I have never been in your "boat" but I think I would be talking to a lawyer if I were you. The cost may not be near as much as it would be if you lost your job and couldn't pay your note or any other bills. I'm no expert but I believe there are laws out there to protect people in situations like you're in. Anyway...there is nothing like bringing a little negative attention to someone or some company that won't work with you, especially if you get the local media involved. That's what I would do if I were in your shoes. I wish you luck in whatever route you take to get it resolved.
Once again...I apologize!
Richard

Old 12-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Ghostgunn
Elder User
Keep bugging Ford. My friend had an explorer that was junk from day one. They finally bought it back for better than he got it for. Keep really good records and return it every time you have a problem. Lemons are made by every manufacture - not everything is perfect.

Old 12-29-2004, 01:27 PM
RyPetty58
New User
Originally Posted by ddrumman2004
I'm sorry if I offended you. I have never been in your "boat" but I think I would be talking to a lawyer if I were you. The cost may not be near as much as it would be if you lost your job and couldn't pay your note or any other bills. I'm no expert but I believe there are laws out there to protect people in situations like you're in. Anyway...there is nothing like bringing a little negative attention to someone or some company that won't work with you, especially if you get the local media involved. That's what I would do if I were in your shoes. I wish you luck in whatever route you take to get it resolved.
Once again...I apologize!
Richard
No offense taken! Just venting since no one else will listen! I do know if ford does bye this thing back i am going to go get a F-250 King ranch! While i was sitting at the dealer i looked at one. Nice!!!! figured i paid 38,500 for mine maybe go the extra mile and get a 45,000 truck! My 95 explorer got towed less then this piece of junk in 10 years and 250,000 miles

Ryan

Old 12-29-2004, 03:19 PM
toypuller
Senior User
Most lemon Law attorneys do the initial consultation for free. If you have a case they will likely take it for free and include their fee in any settlement. There may be a small filing fee but they will notify you of that up front.

DSB will also cover leases and information about that can be found in your owner's manual.

Type lemon law into a search engine and you'll get a good start. Your states attorney general can also give you specifics.

Old 12-29-2004, 07:54 PM
lancer
Elder User
Man i sure you can get this problem fixed.I just wanted to say if you get the king ranch you rock!! Those truck are awsome. If it happens i hope its a better truck the one you got now. Keep us informed if you can so we know what happens!!

Old 12-29-2004, 11:21 PM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
All that painting "lemon" on the side of the truck and parking it in front of where you got it will get you is a ticked off dealer that will do even less for you than they are doing now.

Old 12-30-2004, 08:38 AM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Racerguy
All that painting "lemon" on the side of the truck and parking it in front of where you got it will get you is a ticked off dealer that will do even less for you than they are doing now.
Maybe so....but it will send a "message" to all the folks driving by the place letting them know the dealer is not doing anything to help you!

Old 12-30-2004, 10:04 AM
RyPetty58
New User
I guess i will have to wait to hear from ford! I am not going to try to screw the dealer. They have helped me the most. It is ford that i am out for! They are the ones that have to sign the paper work. I am going to put a sign on the side of my truck that says " If life does not give you lemons to make lemonade then you should go buy a ford and you could drink for life".

Ryan

Old 01-09-2005, 04:49 AM
gregrog
New User
Smile Lemon

Get all your paperwork for the work that has been done to the truck and call the Dispute settle board (DSB) or get DSB paperwork from the dealer. The number is in your owners manual. If you fill out the paperwork and send them copies of the service work done on your truck they should help you and you wont need a lawyer. Weather you are leasing or buying the truck does not matter.