Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Posting Guru

racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
registration fees.

renewed my registration on the truck today, it bites to pay so much for licencing a ranger, but i was noticing what a 1 ton would be- and ouch, 30 bucks more for a 1 ton vs a 3/4. if i truely needed a 1 ton or dual rear wheels, i do beleive id beef up a 3/4 and do a axle swap. 80 bucks is a heck of a lot for a sticker, dont know how many of you have F350s but im sure those that do know what i mean. the d.m.v.
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...d.php?t=148057
Old 12-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Senior User

phatcracker is starting off with a positive reputation.
I paid over $120 for non-commercial tags for my 96 F350 ,4x4, crewcab, w/460, faux dually. Talk about sticker shock. And that's what it was via the vin number. I wish I had more than 5 acres of farm land, I believe I would be able to get tags cheaper if it was registered for farm use. My old truck (other make, 1/2 ton) was half that price, like a passenger car.

Eric
96 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually w/460
Old 12-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Posting Guru

racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
wow! it must vary from county-to county, i could see having differnt rates from state-to-state, but i thought it would be the same rate within a state. ive never looked into farm tags, ive heard of them and seen a couple though.
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...d.php?t=148057
Old 01-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Elder User

Bruin52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I believe that they did away with the farm tags a couple of years ago didn't they? I haven't seen any for some time now. People were thinking too much like us and taking advantage of the 10 acres = farm thing I guess. I figure with the property taxes we have to pay, why not get a break on the licenses.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Posting Guru

Phinxter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phinxter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racsan
wow! it must vary from county-to county, i could see having differnt rates from state-to-state, but i thought it would be the same rate within a state. ive never looked into farm tags, ive heard of them and seen a couple though.
Yeah it does vary, I'm in Allen county and it's about $5 more for the cars than Richland where I register my truck.

1992 Ford Ranger Danger 3.0 5spd 4X2
1993 Plymouth Sundance (Member of the Allpar 200k club)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
Old 01-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.
Sure glad I have historical tags on EVERYTHING but my daily driver.
Try tagging a semi truck for 80K#....wahoo!!! Put historical tags on it....$25 for 50 yrs . Luckily I don't use it commercially.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Posting Guru

Phinxter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phinxter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
what would qualify a vehicle as historical?

1992 Ford Ranger Danger 3.0 5spd 4X2
1993 Plymouth Sundance (Member of the Allpar 200k club)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
Old 01-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Post Fiend

pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.
patfogle DaPocky
Ohio fees are nothing compared to indiana..... They base the cost on the value of the vehicle. I was looking at buying a new ranger in 2000. The plates would have been $240...
Old 01-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Elder User

Bruin52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My Lincoln LS was around $45.00 I think by the time I got it registered in Ohio, state inspection, and tags. California wanted over $370.00. That's just crazy. They also have a tax for people who own more that two vehicles that are registered in the state. I'm not going back there, I don't care how cold it gets here.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Posting Guru

rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.
Ryan M Weghorn
It would suck for me since I own four cars. 2 broncos, a mark viii and a cutlass supreme. It ran 185 to pay for all four. Thats one personal plate on the m8 and Imjust pay taxes on the 88bronco its not running right now.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter

Tags
1993, cost, crazy, f150, fees, ford, ohio, registration, truck