I'm going to tear into my '91 fairly soon. I want the fuel tanks and pumps out of it and I am going to pull the drivetrain, sheet metal and cab and cut the frame ahead of the box to make a trailer out of it. Other than the frame, rearend and other parts to make the trailer, and the fuel pumps and tanks, the rest of it's going. Most everything else I'll probably take by weight for scrap steel. The truck has 204k miles on it, the 6 has a definite lifter tap and the rear end is loose but the E4OD seems to be OK. The suspension and brake lines are really frightening and I can't in good conscience sell it to anyone and then hear about them getting hurt in it. It's just not worth fixing to me now that I have my much nicer '95. Here's the truck: 1991 F-150 Custom Supercab 8' box 300 E4OD 3.08 8.8" and my contact information is in my profile. If anyone wants anything it's theirs. Just click on the link in the e-mail that my e-mail service is going to send back to you to get your mail through. I don't want to ship anything but you can pick it up or I'll drop it off if you're in the Utica/Rome area reasonably close to Remsen/Rome... There's still a bunch of OK stuff on here and I hate to throw it away.
Well, I finally got around to tearing it down, I have the engine compartment completely dismantled and the cab is almost empty.
I'm posting this here because it's the local forum, I'm not big on shipping stuff, and I'm either looking to give it away or sell it for a very fair price if someone is willing to contribute a few bucks. I mainly just want to get it out of here and can't see throwing it away when I know it's good.
Hopefully it's OK, I'm not looking to make much if any money off it.
* EEC-IV EFI computer, for 1991 E4OD, 4.9l without smog pump ports in head.
* 4x2 E4OD and converter with a newish (<5000 miles) filter and fluid, this transmission seemed to always work just fine. There was another fluid and filter change about 15000 miles back and the fluid that came out was normal red, so no problem with fear of fluid change killing it. I was just nervous about it having such high miles so I changed it often. I found evidence of it having been out prior to 189,000 miles, possibly rebuilt at some point.
* Headlight/turn signal assemblies, lenses are fairly clear and worked well. Left side assembly has one stud that turned in the plastic when I was taking the nut off.
* Gray grille.
* New radiator hoses (< 1yr used).
* New belt idler pulley w/tensioner that works fine.
* Gutted smog pump I've sealed up and lubricated, it will probably never sieze up.
* Speedo cluster (no tach) with instruments with variable oil pressure gauge mod and about 4k miles.
* Original door speakers that work fine.
* Heater fan that works fine, rusty outside.
* Heater core that seemed to work fine
* Fairly new starter relay aka fender solenoid.
* Rusty starter but this is a fairly decent NAPA rebuild that didn't get used much and works fine.
* Newish flex plate with ring gear.
* Oil pan, a couple of years old.
* Motorcraft plug wires, used a couple of years (about 10k miles). Still appear to be in decent shape...
* Windshield, side glass and rear sliding glass.
* Doors are fairly solid compared to some I've seen around here. There is some rust on bottom inside edges and around where mirrors mount but no real rust through. The right one had some sort of puncture damage that I welded up.
* Engine and cab wiring harnesses, most of which are in surprisingly good shape..
* EFI exhaust manifolds for 300 (I have 2 pair of these laying around).
* EFI intake manifolds (2 sets)
* Injectors and fuel rails (2 sets)
There is probably some other stuff, but it is almost all off and ready to go.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.