Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Junior User

jimzdat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone got a spare 5.8 laying around?

Looking for a winter project for the truck--I want to find a cheap early 90's 5.8 motor (basically looking for "core" quality here) that I can rebuild at my leisure (read as-when I get the $$$) and then swap in to my truck. That way my truck isnt out of commission for a month or two while the engine work is being done. I've found a couple around here, but for some reason people think that these things are worth their weight in gold or something--I grew up in Seattle, where I could get a motor like this for under $50

Local to SE Ohio would be great, but I could be willing to travel for a good deal
Old 12-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Senior User

Caddy 53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
spare 5.8

I have a 5.8 and fmx that I removed from my '53.Sorry I don't know much about them only that I was told they were O.K. I feel that $200 for both would be fair. A rebuild may not be needed but maybe best to freshen them up. I realize you feel that where you grew up they are only worth $50. I may take an offer 'but I won't give them away.Eng is short Dist,some pulley'sand carb.It has a Offenhouser 4 barrel intake.
Anybody that is interested send me message.Located 30 mi north of Columbus in Centerburg.
caddy 53
Old 12-27-2004, 07:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter