2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More pics added!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Firewiz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More pics added!

Well since my last additions to the truck, I have now added a Truck Tek Snap on Tonneau cover, a Ford OEM skid plate, Ford 5" Nerf Bar Steps, and AVS in channel Vent Visors. (New pics in gallery)

Thoughts :

Tonneau : went on very easy, fit perfect! My bed extender still works with no problem with the Tonneau hardware attatched (of course the cover has to be unsnapped and rear button bar removed). It does not leak at all. Things that I am less keen is how high it arches on the bed, and it flutters a little at high speeds. Other than that, I am sooo happy with it, only paying around $120 shipped (NEW)!

OEM skid plate (front one): not much to say, went on like a breeze, I feel a bit more protected now. (my main concern wad ice chunks in the winter).

5" Ford Nerfs : Love the bars. Very comfortable step up. They dont stick out very far from the side of the truck. VERY easy to install-no drilling of course. I feel more protected from other people opening there dorrs on my moldingless sides now. Couple of things I can say that are negative...they do make the truck appear lower to the ground, even though they do NOT lower ground clearence at all. It just brings your eye down making the thickness of the truck all the more. Also, I think, (though it may be in my head because I am actually listening for it) that the bars produce some wind noise at hiway speeds. Not sure really cause it has been very windy lately here.

AVS Vent Visors (In-Channel) : CAN I PUT ANYMORE PLASTIC ON THIS TRUCK! Serves the purpose, they look clean on. Just a little tricky to get the plastic tabs in. Makes for a tight fit for the window motor to close the window. I NEVER noticed any extra wind noise from them at ALL! The only bad thing I can say is that my truck is starting to look over accesorized now. If I was gonna remove anything, it would be these, because I could live without them, and they put undo window motor stress.

LONG TERM THOUGHTS ON OTHER ACCESORIES (after 7000 miles)

Rhino Liner : Been a charm, no peeling or goudges as of yet. Yes, I have used the bed alot, from moving large broken concrete rock to moving sofas. I will say I have seen some more LineX beds. They look awesome with a better overall sharper appearence, but it feel much more abbrasive (as in scatching wood furniture) and not as shock resistant. The Rhino is much more rubbery. I would reccomend Rhino over LineX if you haul scratchable stuff around. But if you like a real nice hard finished look, the LineX is probably best. Also I had a total seal done (over bolts in bed and screws on tailgate). I felt if there was that major of a problem with either, they could cut around the bolts or screws to get at it. My Rhino is dealer installed and warranted along with Rhino life warranty!

Ford Mud Flaps : Not much to say....just can say no dings yet on fenders! They are doing there job!

Ford Bug Deflector : I had 1 window chip before got this (and had it fixed), and afetr I got the delector...NADA! Doing the job!

Ford OEM Bed Extender : LOVE IT! You have a short bed, you need it! Only bad thing is one of the rubbertits came off the pins that secures it to the bed when you flip it back and forth. Ford could NOT order the $0.10 part so I got a whole new extender!

MERRY X-MAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!

Last edited by Firewiz; 12-25-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:59 PM
ViperFX4
Junior User
Sounds like ya getting the truck looking nice. But I do not see any pictures....

ViperFX4

Old 12-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Firewiz
Senior User
In my Gallery under more addons!

Old 12-25-2004, 01:37 PM
ViperFX4
Junior User
Yeah I checked the pics out look great. If you do not mind were did ya get your tonneau cover from at that price? I am wanting one also. Thats a great price for sure.

ViperFX4

Old 12-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Firewiz
Senior User
It is a Truck Tec tonneau. I found it on ebay. The guy was selling it for like $135 or so ....but he had his own website and it was $10 cheaper via the site. So I ordered it that way. Came fast with no problems. Gimmie a few and let me find it.

Old 12-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Firewiz
Senior User
Ok...its seems I lost my invoice....p i s s i n g me off...anyways, I went back via my bank records to find it!

www.carmicdirect.com

It seems the price has gone up a lil (prob x-mas price goudging)...but still hell of a deal!

BTW...I stand corrected...total price shipped was $139.95

Old 12-26-2004, 07:12 PM
75Player
Senior User
Originally Posted by Firewiz
Tonneau : went on very easy, fit perfect! My bed extender still works with no problem with the Tonneau hardware attatched (of course the cover has to be unsnapped and rear button bar removed).
Actually, you don't need to touch the tonneau cover to use the bed extender. On the OEM Ford extender there is enough clearance to release the spring clips and remove the extender. Then just pull it out of the bed, flip it over, and snap it back into the clips. MUCH faster than messing with the cover and the support bar, and it beats fighting with the cover when its cold out. I use this method on my wife's Sport Trac all the time. Just thought I'd share.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:20 PM
CrAz3D
Freshman User
Looks very nice. I've heard BAD things about stock skid plates, like they are super thin & wouldn't protect too much.

Now it's time for some new wheels & a small lift also

Old 12-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Firewiz
Senior User
CrAz3D....

I wasnt too worried about rocks...more worried about ice chunks which the OEM skid should provide sturdy protection.