Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Posting Guru

Christopher2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Aftermarket Turn Signals

Can anyone recommend a good 7 wire turn signal switch. I would like on that does not feel like it is made of plastic. I am also going to paint it black if I can so chrome is not needed or really wanted.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Post Fiend

51dueller has a good reputation on FTE.51dueller has a good reputation on FTE.
You should be able to find a Signal Stat from any old truck parts place. I got a NOS '70s-90 Ford Louieville Signal switch (tandem truck) that I got free from the guy that runs the local NAPA. It is just a black signal stat but the wires are only 3" long. Also I can say the truck is still 100% ford though .

'51 Mercury M-3 Extra 5 Star Cab Dually "Faith"
5.4L, AOD, Dana 70 3.73:1, Twin-I-Beam
Built to play and work hard!
Old 12-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Senior User

1949fordf3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wher I got Mine

Go to lebaronbonney.com and look at their "Directional Signal Switch". I picked this one up when I was there buying my seat cover. $25 for the Switch and $8 for the 6-volt flasher. This Directional has the 4-way hazards, and all metal so you can paint to your choice. I ended up punching out the receptacles in my front parking lights and put in the ones that I got out of a set of trailer lights. The locking pins on the six-volt single filament bulb are directly opposite each other, while the dual filament bulbs have the pins offset. This way, I didn't have to change the original look of the truck. Have Fun Newt
Old 12-27-2004, 09:03 PM
New User

farmerdon is starting off with a positive reputation.
flathead six

Yes, Christopher, I still have the flathead six engine and was considering the mortal sin of powering a generator with it. It runs. I will forward numbers when it is light outside. I am too new to this list to email you directly so I will leave a message on the thread that I started regarding the vehicle.

Best,
farmerdon
Old 12-27-2004, 09:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
antique, directionals, market, signal, truck, turn