Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2004, 08:27 AM
New User

56_big_window is starting off with a positive reputation.
56 Ford big window???

How rare are the original 1956 ford big window trucks?? Also known as custom cabs.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:47 PM
New User

framinguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
how rare is 56 big window?

According to midfifty.com there were 6,200 of them made.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Posting Guru

tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.
Bear in mind the big window section is available in both steel and fiberglass and plus a person could cut one off another cab. So rare can be misleading. Just last night I was helping a fellow club member move his 1953 cab around that he had put one of the steel big window sections in.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Postmaster

Brian_B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
With the kits out there now, I am pretty sure the big window will not mean as much as it used to. The number of them probably grows every year and they become less rare. Anyone with $500, the tools, and the tallent can own one now. Or just the cash to pay a shop to do it.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Elder User

56efffie is starting off with a positive reputation.
And I thought "Custom Cab" refered to the interior not the window size?

1956 f100-Custom Cab

Last edited by 56efffie; 11-28-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Post Fiend

sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.
I think the first year of the Custom Cab was 1955, which included dual electric horns, sound deadening material, deluxe door panels, dual visors, armrests, foam rubber pads in the seats, stainless steel molding on the drip rail, Custom Cab plaque on the door (below the windows), chrome grille strips, color keyed two-tone upholstery and I think door key locks on the drivers door.

So I read.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Posting Guru

fatfenders56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fatfenders56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
big window option could be added after you bought the custom cab package
Old 11-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Posting Guru

tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.
Fatfenders56 and 56 Effie are both correct. Custom cab is the extra badging on the exterior side of the door and the dash trim and other interior upgrades. 56 one of the Custom cab options was the Big Window
Old 11-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Senior User

eberhama is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought a '56 big window cab and doors, and its not a custom cab, but it did have a radio.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Post Fiend

sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.
What's nice about the small window cabs is that you can install a slider window.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Posting Guru

fatfenders56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fatfenders56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraben
What's nice about the small window cabs is that you can install a slider window.
Or make it bigger (see my gallery) if you're interested that is. Modesty prevents me from saying anyClick the image to open in full size.thing else
Old 11-28-2005, 03:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
55, big, f100, window