fenderwell headers for high boy

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 04:02 PM
tabledancer
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking fenderwell headers for high boy

Hi,its me again,now I can,t seem to find the headers that I want I called Dougs Headers in Calif. and they told me that they had a set to fit,390,4wd,F-250,73 frame.But costly $710.00 coated. Summit told me they had a set of Thorley fenderwells for $527.00 so I get ready to order one day and the next day I called Thourley to make sure of the fit and they tell me because its a Highboy they won`t fit .Has anybody out there ever heard of this problem. Thank you. T.D.

Old 12-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Scouder
Posting Guru

There is not alot of aftermarket stuff out there for the Hi boys, which is surprising considering how popular they have always been. I would suspect the problem is going to get worse rather than better as they rust out and go to the junkyard.

I had to make my own fenderwells since I wanted 2 1/8 primaries, and having a set custom made would be around $1500.

-Scouder

Old 12-30-2004, 03:08 PM
tabledancer
Freshman User
Smile

Thankyou for the info, That was strange to here that from a header manufacterer like that,like you said there were so many made,maybe not enough hot rodded though,another thing why would it make any difference as far as clearences beceause there would be more room under a high boy. I DIDN`T have any problem with regular headers that I just threw away. Are we having fun yet! Thanks again T.D.