Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Freshman User

MrMando is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking Let it Snow! etc.

Hey there,
We have about 8" of show and ice on the ground and the old truck pulled through like a champ. I guess all the snow in the back puts a little more weight on the back wheels. I did find out that I seem to have semi-slip differencial. The new tires on the front helped too. I used to have the old bias-ply on the front that were slick as deer guts on a door ****. I can now steer Yippee!

Hope everyone's travels are safe! Happy Holidays!
Scott
Old 12-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Post Fiend

F2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud of
oh ya...my truck did okay with about 1/4 cord of fresh cut wood and lots of snow i did not shovel in there.... but overall we got about 15 inches , but what a mess....i heard some people on I-75 had to spend the night in their cars because of a 80 mile backup starting in huber heights and going north...I don't think any fords had that happen to them ...well at least not the trucks.....
Old 12-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Posting Guru

racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i did very well considering i have "barely-legal" a/t tires, my ranger does so much better than the taurus with new tires. convinced the wife of the value of 4wd by turning it off for a short while. right now the most hazardous part of my county (marion) is the trailer park where i live. had to use 4L to get to the mailboxes and back. just saw a pontiac get stuck in front of my house. its good to see some snow in ohio for a change. its a bit much at one time though. dont know the total, but last night i stuck a ruler in the roof of the taurus before the wind picked up and we had gotten 6 inches.
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...d.php?t=148057
Old 12-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Posting Guru

DeckedoutF150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
drove my 1997 5.4L 2 wheel drive F150 in the stuff and it did great. had no weight in the back of it at all, just the snow that had fallen in it. just think though, wednesday its going to be 50 with rain and a low of 37, lol. think of all the flooding. its going to be nuts.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter