E4OD Reverse Problems Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 02:31 PM
ace866286
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy E4OD Reverse Problems Please Help!!!

I have a 1993 F-350 crew cab diesel 4x4 with an E4OD transmission. The trans is has alot of problems shifting into reverse. Sometimes it shifts just fine, other times it has a 30-60 second delay, and sometimes it just doesn't want to shift at all. I have been waiting the last few weeks to post this in the hopes of finding some sort of pattern to the problem but I have found nothing. Usually when it doesn't shift the truck acts like it's in neutral and when I rev the engine up high it usually shifts into reverse. A couple of days ago I was in a parking lot and it wouldn't shift into reverse so I tried reving the engine to get it to shift and found that it would move backward very slowly once the engine got over 2,500 rpms. The trans also shifts funny in drive everyonce in a while when the OD light starts blinking. This problem is intermitent and doesn't seem to have anything to do with the reverse problem as far as I could tell. If anybody out there can help me i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, Jeff

Old 12-18-2004, 02:58 PM
BSHORT
Cargo Master
Received 1,362 Likes on 704 Posts
The Blinking Od Light Acts As A "check Engine" Light For The Trans. Check The Codes And You'll More Than Likely Find The Answer To Your Problem. I Have A 93' With The Same Trans And I Hate That Thing. The E4od Is Nothing But Expensive To Repair Garbage.