New Member in Attleboro, MA

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Shakespeare
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member in Attleboro, MA

Hi,

I am new and as stated above I live in Attleboro, MA on the northeast corner of Rhode Island. My old Bronco is dead and I am saving for a newer truck. I am short on cash, but I am keeping my eye out for an F-150. Probably a 1994-1996. I like 2 solid axles. Also to make things harder I refuse to buy an automatic. I have had too many bad experiances with automatics, and I like to row my own gears.
Besides that, I am a poor college guy on the 6 year plan and I work security full time. I am an English major and think Shakespeare was the greatest writer in our language. I hope to be able to get together at some meets sometime, hopefully with a truck before too long.

Old 12-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Hubs2000
Senior User
Welcome!
Keep slugging away at college... I did security (amongs other jobs) and worked through the 8 year college plan. It eventually pays off. I'll keep my eye out for a suitable Rig for you. Middleboro here. Do a fair share of holiday shopping at your local Mall.

Old 12-18-2004, 09:50 AM
tps0424
Senior User
Welcome Shakespeare! Good luck finding the truck you want. When the wife and I were first married, we lived at Brookhaven in Attleboro behind LaSallete.
Love Attleboro and all it has to offer.

Old 12-20-2004, 08:16 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I myself am a college student, in my 3rd year and hopefully will be done by the 5th. I might go to wyotech afterwards, but thats undecided. There are a lot of trucks around, autotrader.com is a good site to find some. I got my truck out of the Want-Ads from a guy in NH. It was tough because I was under the gun to buy a truck before the insurance company took my rental truck away (my other truck got totalled). I had a month and 1/2 to find a truck and get it driving under my name. I looked at 3 and on the 3rd I found what I wanted and is what I have today. It's tough because there are a lot of different options on these trucks and it's hard to find one with the options you like. Luckily I found one with everything I needed, and anything I didn't like I changed....it's changed a lot since I bought it (it was relatively stock when I got it).

Sometimes I wish I could talk to the previous owner and show him what I've done to the truck in the last 2 years or so. I lost his phone number, oh well.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Shakespeare
New User
Thanks for the notes, all. I'll keep you posted. For today, I'm driving a Mercury Villager because my car is in the shop. It's technically a Ford product truck. Cough. Made by Nissan. NH does seem to have a lot of good trucks. I'm more than an hour away, but it's a small price to pay for getting something good. BTW. I vote at LaSalette, and its huge parking lots are where I first drove when I got my permit.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:00 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Shakespeare
It's technically a Ford product truck. Cough. Made by Nissan
which one is "it's"....and what were you refering to as being made by Nissan?

Old 12-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Shakespeare
New User
I was driving my dad's 1995 Mercury Villager, the rebadged Nissan Quest. My personal vehicle is an Acura Integra.

Old 12-22-2004, 03:02 PM
fords8
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shakespeare, welcome to the New England Chapter and FTE.