2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door rattle

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Beefford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
door rattle

I have an 04 FX4 scab. Anybody notice a nasty rattle where the front and rear 1/2 door come together when going over rough terrain?

Old 12-15-2004, 10:08 PM
telemark8150
New User
Yes. 04 FX4 scab also. I have a nasty rattle, more like a thump every time I hit a small bump. Seems to come from the exact same area you are describing. It drives me crazy, along with the squeeky rear window. I plan to take mine to the dealer soon. Only 2100 miles.

Old 12-17-2004, 07:43 PM
fillinjc
New User
Same with my STX. I took it to 2 dealers before getting it fixed. Door re-alignment. On mine you could rattle the rear door by the upper latch with the front door open. I showed this to the dealer as far as what to fix. You could see it bounce when closing the front door.

Old 12-19-2004, 11:36 AM
TX-Import
Junior User
Thumbs up

I have an FX4 Screw and get teh same like poping noise. I thought it may be the locking mechanism where the fron door catches the latch and maybe it needed to be adjusted in. I took it in and they said tehy tightned the blts and less than 1K miles later it is back. I will check the front door hinge. I thought about adjusting the latch in to see if this helps too. Thanks for the info and if anyone finds other fixes let us know,.

Old 12-19-2004, 11:56 AM
CrAz3D
Freshman User
Same here, also feeling something a bit weird in the steering.

You all can jiggle the door near the top of it? (the back doors)

Old 12-20-2004, 08:32 AM
TX-Import
Junior User
I checked mine out yesterday. The hinges are fine but I did notice something different on the drivers side. when I looked at the door lock on the door you will notice at the back of the indention a sort of bump. to hold the door firmly against the lock. Any way I noticed that it was actually cracked and when I simualted the door latch pushing against it you could see it flex and the crack would open. So I think the popping I may hear may in fact be that bottoming out in the back. After teh holiday I am going to take it in and show it to my local shop and see there thoughts. By the way I compared it to the other four doors and this is the only one that was doint it and it just happens to be in the acutal area that I hear the noise from. I hope this is it for that would be an easy fix and the relief of a major headache. I love this truck, and that is something I thought I never would say being that I was a huge Toyota fan for many years. This truck ranks up there with the first Toyota I owned and for my family to hear me say that, they were impressed. Hope this helps any of you out and if you find something different please post.

Have a good holiday!!

Old 12-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Cincy F150
Senior User
I had the same rattle in my door. The dealer had to adjust the latches. Also, when closing the rear door try shutting it hard. My truck latches on the bottom but the top latch only catches a little if closed lightly and it will rattle. If closed hard, the top latch catches fully and there is no rattle. You can tell if is not fully latched by looking at the weatherstrip at the top of the rear door when closed.

Old 12-20-2004, 06:03 PM
LAAdkins
Junior User
I have a rattle only on the drivers side rear door on my scab. I can close the doors on the passengers side and there is no noise. Working on the drivers side close the rear door and then closing the front door the rear door has a rattle. When I go in for my next oil change I'll let them know. I really hear the rattle when going over rough terrain like every moring when I go through the parking lot at work its really bumpy.