2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford saved my butt. Why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 02:54 PM
hinten
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford saved my butt. Why?

It could have been terrible. It could have been horrible. Imagine 3rd degree burns on you back and bee-hind! But oh glory to Ford this doesn't happen to us. No, I am protected by the Ford (and their lawyer) gods.
In the next F150 I fully expect other similar and useful safety features:
- turn heater off automatically after 5 minutes because I might steam my meat from medium rare to well-done
- roll window up automatically after 10 minutes because driving around with your window open might cause flys to get caught between my teeth
- turn engine off after 30 minutes automatically because you know driving a hunk of 5000 pounds of steel is really dangerous and you shouldn't be doing it at all. As a matter of fact why not eliminate the starter completely so we don't run into that problem.

Thank you Ford, in your infinite wisdom you put a timer on my seat heater and that saved my life.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:30 PM
likalarry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hinten

Thank you Ford, in your infinite wisdom you put a timer on my seat heater and that saved my life.
Maybe leaving the heat on too long term would damage the foam or stress the heating elements.
Larry in SF, CA

Old 12-10-2004, 05:57 PM
hinten
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As evidenced by all the burned up seats in the millions of sold cars with seat heaters that don't turn off automatically.

Old 12-10-2004, 06:10 PM
khendrix
Senior User
They HAVE to do that. Everyone in this world is "sue happy". Someone will claim that their booty got burned or their child's booty got burned and try to sue the crap out of them. One bad apple ruins the whole bushel. Sorry guy. Next time you hear about someone suing someone over somthing stupid, realize that that person is cutting into the freedoms of your life also, and getting rich also.

Old 12-11-2004, 07:53 AM
04fx4scab
Senior User
Originally Posted by hinten
- roll window up automatically after 10 minutes because driving around with your window open might cause flys to get caught between my teeth
that's funny. sometimes i roll my windows down and they wont go back up. must be fords way of telling me that i should not be driving their product and to get out.