2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone use a hard tonneau?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 11:40 AM
jdmclemore
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had the SnugLid SL installed this weekend and LOVE it. I also had the remote opener installed as well.

As soon as I can give her a bath I'll post some pics!

Old 12-08-2004, 11:51 AM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdmclemore
I just had the SnugLid SL installed this weekend and LOVE it. I also had the remote opener installed as well.

As soon as I can give her a bath I'll post some pics!
Sounds good, would like to see that, however, hard tops that dont roll back will not work for some of us who have to use the bed on the fly occasionally without driving back home to take off a hard top.

Dave

Old 12-08-2004, 02:47 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Roll back is ok, I guess, but I like my hard Fold-a-cover. Three or four companies make versions. Hard, Lockable, but I can carry a washer, dryer and refrigerator, 'on the fly'. Also nice as a 'trunk'. And, unlike the fiberglass ones, my wife can use it easily.
Chris

Old 12-09-2004, 11:27 AM
freejack
New User
http://www.pace-edwards.com/tooltop.asp

This is what I have on my SCrew. The roll top rolls up under the toolbox, so that the only bed length you lose is what the tool box takes up.

Old 12-09-2004, 02:05 PM
JDaddy
Senior User
Freejack that is what I am looking for how big/or deep is the tool box? I would need to fit just the normal tow strap jumper cables etc in it. Also do you still have any room under the box to slide in things like 2x4 (how much space is between the bottom of the tool box and the floor of the bed? Sorry for all the questions but I would like to know others experiences with this particular product as I think it would work out well, but man is it expesive.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Old 12-10-2004, 12:31 AM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out the retrax, www.RollTopCover.com and an bed bottom mounted box, with forward opening door, I bet this would be a better option and people wouldnt see that you have it there. I am looking for a box, I have seen them before when I didnt need one. I think this will be exactly what I want!

Dave

Old 12-10-2004, 01:01 PM
scoterboy
New User
Best Cover !

I have had 12 trucks, most with different covers..until I found FOLD-A-COVER. It is the best of all worlds. Safe, secure and water proof like a hard top. Will lock a tailgate if you don't have one. VERY easy to get into both front and rear. Does not take up space like my old roll-up. Looks good and folds up to haul a tall or large object. Unlike a one piece hard fiberglass, I can easlyly remove it in 1 minute by MYSELF. Check it out at www.fold-a-cover.com.

Old 12-10-2004, 01:45 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi, Scoterboy, have you put power unlocking on your Fold-a-Cover? The rear unlocks by opening the tailgate and pulling on the rod, but the front 'trunk' was slow to open till I put a door actuator on it, and hooked it to my trunk key on my keyless. Fast mod that we use every day.
Chris