Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Bad day for Dodge hemi

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Crash687
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bad day for Dodge hemi

Was driving onto the freeway behind an 03-04 F350 6.0L with a V-Boss snowplow on the front and salt spreader in the bed when a Dodge 1500 Hemi w/ exhaust tried to pass the Ford on the right. The driver of the Ford must of had a tuner installed, he tromped on it. Left a trail of black smoke out of the exhuast and down the side of the Ram(truck was white). The Ram could not catch the Ford until the driver tapped his brakes. The Ram continued to race down the freway till he was out of my sight, only later down the road to be chased and beaten by another Ford. A Crown Vic, with a pretty red and blue lights on top.

Just goes to show you the power a 6.0L makes. wonder how much the ticket was?

Last edited by crash687; 12-02-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:50 AM
Al Bundy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That doesn't mean anything. Just because the hemi is louder doesn't mean it is racing. I thought trucks aren't meant for racing. Isn't that what other fte members agree on all the time when the titan beats the f-150?

Old 12-03-2004, 06:58 AM
Crash687
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Al Bundy
That doesn't mean anything. Just because the hemi is louder doesn't mean it is racing. I thought trucks aren't meant for racing. Isn't that what other fte members agree on all the time when the titan beats the f-150?
you missed the point, to see a truck that weighs probably 2 tons(it had a plow and salt spreader on it) more than that Ram get up and pass it with a vengance, and leave black marks from the exhuast down the side of it , just wish I had a camera. and yes the Ford and Ram were racing onto the freeway.
like I said, just goes to show you the power of a PSD.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:22 AM
camo4stealth
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would not care if the dodge made 15,000 hp, ran the quarter in 6 seconds. They are so ugly, I would not drive one on the moon if I had to walk instead, and I knew no one was watching.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:34 AM
ohioclint
Senior User
Originally Posted by Al Bundy
You could take that to mean the dodge has more torque if you apply the standards from real trucks versus ones that perform better in a dragrace from here. lol.

Clint

Old 12-03-2004, 07:36 AM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
Hey Crash687, a guy I work with only has a hypertech programmer, Flowmaster exhaust with cat removed, and a K&N drop in filter and ran the 1/4 in 4x4 to get 14.3@99mph. Oh yeah he weighed in at over 7000lbs with a tool box in the back. The truck was a 2003 Chevy 2500 Duramax extended cab, w/33" tires. In that run he beat a Ford- 2003 Mustang GT 5speed. I see your point, but let me also point out that a diesel with minimal mods can be very fast, and to say the least if that Ram was an F150 you saw the other day, this wouldn't have been posted since the F150 would've been smoked even worse.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:41 AM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
Also no offense, but I think the Titan should be given more respect since its taken Ford, Dodge, and Chevy decades to bring there full size trucks to where they are now, and on Nissans first try they trump all 3.-by that I mean a truck that has won many comparisons in magazine tests, etc.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:56 AM
khendrix
Senior User
Good grief. Take the post for what its worth. the dodge guy wanted to pass and the the F-350 whooped em. If you dont think that's cool, something wrong with you.

"OMG, THEY WERE RACING" Please, just shut up.
"OH YEAH, If it were an F150, it would have been smoked even worse!" So freaking what. It wasnt a F150 and we werent takling about fords.

Please, lighten up a bit people. Dont be so pesimistic. <-- (Spelling?)

Old 12-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Hseries
Senior User
Smile

Originally Posted by bigbluebronco43
Also no offense, but I think the Titan should be given more respect since its taken Ford, Dodge, and Chevy decades to bring there full size trucks to where they are now, and on Nissans first try they trump all 3.-by that I mean a truck that has won many comparisons in magazine tests, etc.
Typical Japanese Manufacturer.......blinding the American buying public with lies about how "hard" they work, to bring a supposedly better truck to the consumer......It's always easier to follow the leader than to be one. Where was Nissan 10, 20 or 50 years ago? Respect is earned not given!

Old 12-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When you have something to measure against, things are a WHOLE lot easier. Try building the golden gate bridge on your first try. NOW, analyze the design's and theory behind other known bridges that have withstood the test of time, and then build your bridge.

Without the Acura NSX, the Ford GT's shifting wouldn't be so smooth. Without the exotic Italia offerings, it would not have nearly so much power, such a great suspension, or that wonderful exhaust note.

Everything has to have something else to measure against, or else its evolution for the better either stagnates or proceeds extremely slowly.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:50 AM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
Yeah you both make great points. All I was saying is respect should be given to the Titan since it is doing so well against the competitors and is the first full size truck ever made by Nissan. You can't say the same thing about Toyota's first try. And also, Nissan was the first compact truck made however many years ago.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Hseries
Senior User
Yeah you both make great points. All I was saying is respect should be given to the Titan since it is doing so well against the competitors and is the first full size truck ever made by Nissan. You can't say the same thing about Toyota's first try. And also, Nissan was the first compact truck made however many years ago.
Japanese Manufacturers will NEVER earn or get my respect until they open up their trade laws and let American Manufacturers build and sell American made cars in Japan. It is and has been a ONE WAY street for too long. The japanese people walk around with their noses in the air, bad mouthing American cars. If I am not mistaken they were building nothing but a glorified "rickshaw" before the WWII, which they started. They would still be in the dark ages to day. If not for the rebuilding effort from the USA.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:11 AM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
This is also true.

Old 12-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Crash687
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by khendrix
Good grief. Take the post for what its worth. the dodge guy wanted to pass and the the F-350 whooped em. If you dont think that's cool, something wrong with you.

"OMG, THEY WERE RACING" Please, just shut up.
"OH YEAH, If it were an F150, it would have been smoked even worse!" So freaking what. It wasnt a F150 and we werent takling about fords.

Please, lighten up a bit people. Dont be so pesimistic. <-- (Spelling?)
Thank you, someone who sees the point

This is a V-Boss plow, adds over 800 lbs. to the front axel alone

Old 12-03-2004, 12:23 PM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
This is Ford vs. Competition, so I posted a race between a heavy truck (Chevy-Competition) and a light Mustang (Ford). Whats so wrong about that?

Quick Reply: Bad day for Dodge hemi