Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

351C Semi-FREEBIE !!

Old 12-01-2004, 08:40 AM
bob hare
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 351C Semi-FREEBIE !!

Here we go....
I've got an almost complete 351 Cleveland engine that is of unknown condition, that needs a new home. I saved it from the scrapyard last year, and realize that I'll never get around to rebuilding it. I really dont have any history on the engine, but if you know where the id numbers are, tell me and I'll post them. So like the title says it's a semi-freebie, which means for a donation to our Virginia Chapter of FTE, I'll load it in your truck for you. How much of a donation is up to you!
C'mon to VA Beach and pick up your new engine!!

Bob

Old 12-01-2004, 12:29 PM
bob hare
Senior User
351C Update

Hey there wdsmithjr,
I figured there are some others that may want to see my response, so I threw it in here.
I know the carb (2bbl), a few intake vaccum fittings, and exhaust manifolds aren't there. I'd have to look at the engine tonight for anything else thats missing. The dampner, fan, intake, heads, water pump, distributor(minus the dist cap),oil pan, and valve covers (one is severly dented) are there. The engine is all together, so it's safe to say the pistons, crank, cam, & timing chain are there. When I said "a donation to the Va Chapter of FTE", I'm talking about whatever you can afford, or happen to scrounge up. Like I said earlier, all of the money I get for this engine is going directly to our Virginia FTE treasurer (whenever they get elected).

Bob

Old 12-01-2004, 05:59 PM
jennymnky
New User
Thumbs up

thats really cool what your doing i just want to congradulate you!

Old 12-01-2004, 08:13 PM
bob hare
Senior User
Thumbs up

Thanks for the kind words,

Also, I posted some pictures of the engine in my gallery.
C'MON FOLKS.....this engine wants a new home!!
I've got an engine hoist for loading, and if you act now I'll even throw in the "custom" wood stand (including not 1, not 2, BUT 4.... YES you read this correctly....4 swivel casters already mounted to the "custom" wood stand !!!).

Bob

Old 12-01-2004, 08:49 PM
MonsterBroncoKid
Senior User
Question maybie a project

i wonder if versus selling the motor off maybie we could save it and pickup a few other parts along the way and get together and build a FTE va chapter car. get it all painted up and stuff and take it to shows and meets and stuff like that. just an idea

Old 12-01-2004, 09:14 PM
bob hare
Senior User
Hey Garrett,

That would be great if I knew the engine was a good runner. As you know, it sure isn't cheap to build a Ford engine, including all of the machine shop work.

Bob

Search this Thread