Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > General Chapter Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2004, 08:43 PM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
Chapter leader Group

If anyone wants, I can set up a Chapter Leader Group in Yahoo where we can sign in and post messages. It would be a private group, so we could discuss anything on the planet as long it isn't anarchy. Really... I know the chatroom meetings never worked out, but with a group it would be like here...we could leave our ideas behind and people then respond to the different topics. They even have a spot where we, chapter leaders, could have our own photo album there too for trucks, family, etc. If you all want me to set one up and give it a try, at least until Ken gets the forum back here for us, let me know and then I'll post directions on how to get there. Then, to make it easier, we all will use our FTE names as log in names, or Chaptername as log in...either one. I think you'll like the format of the page. I can keep one of our trucks posted there on the front page and rotate them regularly. Whatta ya think? No, Ken and Mil1ion, not hijacking FTE, just giving us a private spot to talk and keeping email/pm use down....and putting it on someone elses bandwidth. Then we come back here with and questions, decisions, requests, etc. We could cut down a lot on Ken's bandwidth by using the Yahoo servers for our meeting place....and it's all perfectly free and legal.
Whattaya think?

Dick
'99 NASCAR Edition F-150-4X4
John 3:16
Old 11-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
We're working on one here. Please give us the time needed to implement it. It requires us setting up additional user groups to get it working.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Post Fiend

fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.
Though I think it is a good idea I see a couple things that might come up.

1. We need the support of all the leaders and the participation of everyone. The chat meeting did not go real well and did not have a lot of participation. Even the forum was a little lacking on participation. If the leaders show the need and desire for a forum then I am sure it will happen.
2. It could lead to a perception problem. Though it would be set up to help all the leaders get advice, ideas or whatever it could also tend to leave the perception that we are not wanting the admin or members to know what we are doing. This again is far from true but the perception would be there.
3. As stated before if we show the need and desire then we should be able to have an area here.

You make a gallant offer of your time and energy setting this up and believe me it is much appreciated, but we should hear from other leaders on what kind of support there is to continue.

my 2-cents for what it is worth.

Edit:
I should not type and watch game at same time. Ken got in there before me.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:14 PM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
My intent was not to be against FTE in any manner. I just get going on some project idea I happen to think up and put it up for discussion. Don't make any difference to me if we do it or not. I appreciate the input from both of ya's.

Dick
Old 11-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Post Fiend

F2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud of
Dick we know what your true intent was.........

To lure of all leaders to this site and to convert us into a new cult that your starting to worship all 1951 Ford trucks, and that there is no other truck made. cmon on now you know this was what you was trying to do now......fes up lets hear it , I did the research, and in seen that you was trying to have your legal name changed to Henry Ford..1951....

Thank you Dick for thinking of us while you did this, I know that your Intentions are for the betterment of FTE..
Old 11-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Post Fiend

fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.
So thats why I have been having a strange urge to go out and buy a 51 Ford.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:25 PM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordborn
So thats why I have been having a strange urge to go out and buy a 51 Ford.
I've been found out! Heh, heh... the 1951 isn't really my favorite year Ford Truck either ... its my year of birth. I have too many favorite years/models of Ford Trucks to list without using up all the bandwidth here.

Dick
Old 11-28-2004, 04:25 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > General Chapter Discussion