Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: KOESTNER

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Posting Guru

JohnT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Smile Rain-X Spray Wax

I tried a new product on my 92 Flareside yesterday. It's called Rain-X spray wax, and it seems to work pretty well. The way it works is: first wash your truck, then rinse it off but leave it wet. Then spray the wax on it and wipe it off as you are drying your truck. It leaves a nice shine, and it is supposed to protect your vehicle from the elements. I drove my Flareside back home from Bolingbrook this morning in the rain and she still looks nice and shiny.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Freshman User

bDavidb is starting off with a positive reputation.
I never used it, I'm using Meguires "Gold Class" liquid at least until I run out. I did the whole detail thing, removed the old wax, used a compound and then waxed again and the truck came out looking better than new!

It's still beading OK after a month and 4 washes, because it's a work truck I don't expect the durability that you'd normally get. Let me know how the Rain-X does.

Last edited by bDavidb; 11-27-2004 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Posting Guru

JohnT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Smile

The Rain-X seemed to work pretty well for me. However, I did give the Flareside a full detail job today. I washed her, then I waxed her with Meguiars' Gold Class paste wax.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter

Tags
f150, ford, forum, fro, good, large, rain, rainx, review, sport, spray, trac, truck, trucks, wax