Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RIKIL

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2004, 03:52 AM
Junior User

jbman100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wanted/Needed

C-6 Tranny for a 65 F-100 or the name of a good repair shop in the Denver/Aurora area.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:27 AM
Elder User

Colo79Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Which bolt pattern do you need? Small block? Big Block? FE? 2wd? 4wd?
If you wanna go the rebuild route, try these guys:

A-Affordable Transmission Repair
located at C-470 and Santa Fe
303-761-8888

If you decide to go with them, and want a discount (thier fleet price) send me a private message thru FTE, or send me an e-mail to:

JBarker @ co.summit.co.us

Just remove the spaces in the e-mail address.

--John
Old 11-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Junior User

Thanks

I'm not sure of the bolt pattern. The motor is a 390 either 67 or 68. Its a 2WD. Just some background as to why I dont know the year. I bought the truck 7 years ago from my ex father in law. The truck had been in his family since it was new. California farm truck. He took it to New Mexico, replaced the motor and had the high school paint it. The motor was shot so he got another one from a junk yard and put it in but didnt remember the year. I bought it and drove it as a daily driver to include hauling a trailer from El Paso Texas to Reno Nevada, then on to Denver. Only thing I ever had to replace was a starter and the rear wheel bearings. Pretty much need to start over now as it has set for about 3 years. Want to do the motor, drive train, axles, brakes and such first and then start the body restore. Thanks for the information.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:56 AM
Elder User

Colo79Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
If youre rebuilding your motor this winter or any time soon, and want to send it off to get it done,I have a motor guy that me and everyone i know use...if you want his shop name and his number let me know and ill get it for you. Hes reasonable with pricing too.

--John
Old 11-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Junior User

Thanks the motor is in pretty good shape. A neighbor and I are going to go through it this winter. He has Ford blue blood running through his veins and it wont cost me anything cause I keep his bike runing for him
Old 11-27-2004, 10:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter