Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2004, 12:03 AM
New User

gregbr is starting off with a positive reputation.
87 Ranger fuel gauge sending unit

My gas gauge sending unit is erratic around 1/4 tank in my 87 Ranger 2.0 carb engine. I have searched everywhere except the dealer (for obvious reasons) and can't find a replacement sender unit. Where do you get one?? Greg
Old 11-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Posting Guru

G2IC_Wraith is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do you have Advanced Auto Parts in your area? I have an 88' 2.3L FI that they did carry when I asked about it. Didn't buy it since the common problem of fuel in the float was all that was wrong with mine.

In loving memory of Dr. Carl R. Swenson - R.I.P. Cigarettes DO kill.
In loving memory of Geordie - R.I.P. You are deeply missed each and every day.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:23 AM
New User

gregbr is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have all the leading parts houses around, but have not asked in person. I checked most of them on the their web pages. I will call and check, maybe they don't list everything on the web. Greg
Old 11-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Senior User

MSRanger is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had an '88 Ranger new from '88 to 2000.
The fuel senders tended to go bad a little at a time.
First mine worked fine, then as it aged, it would drop a quarter tank in the first 20 miles after fillup, then work fine from there.
Later it would drop a half tank within 20-30 miles of fillup.
In the '88 with fuel injection, the sender is integral with the fuel pump, in the top of the tank, and it was over $100 for a new replacement. Local tank/radiator repair guy advised against used ones, which may not last much longer than existing.

I got good at always filling up the tank, and refilling again at 280 miles on the tripmeter. I went the second 100K miles that way. Of course I was the only one that drove the truck.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
87, fuel, gauge, level, ranger, sender, sending, unit, working