Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Elder User

66f14evr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question ICBC declared value

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to get adeclared value insurance for there 73-79 trucks.I just looked at the crash on the other forum.I think my truck is worth $4000-5000.But if my truck was to be totaled,I bet I would only get about $1000 for it.Anyone done this if so how much.And how many different rules and regulations
Old 11-25-2004, 09:46 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
An appraisal by a qualified collector vehicle appraiser should work.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:05 AM
Postmaster

Vinford has a good reputation on FTE.Vinford has a good reputation on FTE.
Reciepts and pictures also help with ICBC.
Your truck has to be worth that much however not just that you THINK its worth that much.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:02 AM
Posting Guru

longview1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So if you have $6,000 worth of receipts for parts on your truck. You should get that much then, eh? IF its a right-off.
[u]2008 Job 3, F350, 6.4, drw, lariat, CC, LB. 70,000km, Spartan, Viper 5902, Line-X, Flo-pro egr delete, aFe stage 2 proguard 7, 35" BFG KM2, 2.5" Goeske spacers, MBRP Cool Duals/downpipe/CAC. PMF 7" lift 4-link/track bars, Rigid Dually fogs, Royalty Core 3pc grill
1999 Corvette Cpe
We all know Twix is the only candy bar with a cookie crunch!
Old 12-25-2004, 01:50 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don't think that these new parts make any difference to Insurance companies.

The key to the value is the actual appraisal.

When the Buick was hit last year, I showed them $3000 worth of repairs within the last year..they couldn't care less.
The car, in their mind was worth $2000.00

The insurance appraiser made it $2500.00 so they didn't write it off.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Postmaster

Get special insurance through ICBC my Ranchero is insured for $9000 but the book value on its probably $2500.
Ask ICBC it wasnt much more expensive and we didnt need a appraisal oranything.
ICBC doesnt care about things like trannies , motors being changed or upgraded as the once told me "Whats it worth without the motor" so another words thats just part of the vehicle.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Freshman User

palace_master is starting off with a positive reputation.
get the special insurance definitely. Ask one of those private insurance companies that operate out of HSBC and see if they do that too. As I remember, you do have to get it professionally appraised, but ask the insurance company. I had a '70 240Z in the late 80's that I had a ground up restoration and a 2.8 motor etcetera. Some guy was driving his bosses Porsche 911 turbo too fast and rear ended my car so hard that my car smashed into my friends Cutlass that was in front of me even though I had my brakes on. Anyhow to get to the point of the story, the car was totalled even though I had spent over $10000 on repairs and resto on that car that I had paid $1500 for. The value should have been about $7000 then, for a restored 240 with custom paint, restored body, new motor and electrical. ICBC offered me $1500. After complaining they brought it up to $2000 or 2500. An independent arbitrator inspected the car and got ICBC to give me $3500. So, it was better but still a bad loss. ICBC said that the special insurance was needed to get the full value of a custom car.

Chris
Old 12-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Postmaster

Uh Chris I just said I got special insurance WITHOUT a appraisal.
Im not guessing Im stating a fact.,
Old 12-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Elder User

Jerry Gougeon is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have upped the replacement cost value on my F150 '78 4X4 with my private insurance company and they did require an independent appraisal to do so .

This was fine with me as the appraiser valued my truck at more than twice what I paid for it when new in todays market and the premieums only increased by $90 a year . The old insurance book value on it was $1500 which is right around 10% of the appraised value .

One must remember it would cost around $50,000 Can. to replace an old Ford 4X4 with anything that will sort of compare to what you have .

Put the insurance on them boys cause you know why people try to buy them from us every time you stop some where long enough .

You want to collect enough if you lose yours to be able to build another one the same I would assume .
Old 12-29-2004, 08:15 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia

Tags
book, car, collector, declaration, find, forum, icbc, insurance, older, pictures, sale, status, truck, vehicle, wothicbc