1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Happy Thanksgiving

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 10:20 AM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing like watching the entire family walk through the garage towards the house shaking their heads...... Hope you all have a safe and happy holiday, -4speed

Old 11-25-2004, 10:32 AM
Kenny
Cargo Master

Thanks to all of you for the great laughs, friendships, and awesome information you've provided!

Please be safe, and have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-25-2004, 10:57 AM
FordF150Fixer
Senior User
I spent the first half of Thanksgiving day replacing the heater core in my '84 and cleaning parts for my '53. I'm fatigued, weary, and dirty. But, it sure feels better than just another day at the office. Having the opportunnity to piddle around with old trucks is one of the many things I'm thankful for.

Old 11-25-2004, 10:59 AM
jvmcc
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to you all from Vermont .

Old 11-25-2004, 12:28 PM
51dueller
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Any of you guys drink some Jones Soda?

Old 11-25-2004, 02:06 PM
barry
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all from Connecticut! Enjoy the day away from your daily grind.

Barry

50 F-1

Old 11-25-2004, 04:39 PM
55forder
Elder User
Another Thanksgiving with my FTE boys and girls.
Its a pleasure to be part of the family here (though my posting as of late has been sorta deadbeat)

Happy T-day! enjoy, and thanks to all of you.

55forder

Old 11-25-2004, 04:49 PM
ferguson777
Posting Guru
Ida know what all this Thanksgiving talk is about, we had it over a month ago - Oct. 10th. The boy was home from college, let me use his brand new auto-darkening welding helmet....had some turkey, had some beers, worked on the truck..

Colder than a witch's tit today. Had some snow yesterday, but it's o.k., got the grille back from the welder today (I couldn't weld the Poncho center to the F100 buckets with my set up - just kept blowing holes in it). So, I'll be starting the bondo phase of the "Jim Richmond look-a-like" grille this weekend...and some beers....just no turkey...

The U.S. thanksgiving seems to be about 5 wks behind the Canadian one. You guys must have more days in your callandar or something. We average about 30, how bout you?

Anyway, enjoy the turkey (or the dawg, Penn Dick)

Old 11-25-2004, 05:23 PM
six7seta
Senior User
as a new member also im extreamly greatful to of found this site, you all have helped me so much on the reserch part for my f1... should have both the 51 F1 and 52 F2 on friday!!!! so a happy thanksgiving from Dallas TX

Old 11-25-2004, 06:36 PM
56 Effie Aurea
Senior User
Happy Thanksgiving to The Whole Bunch of you guys !! The commraderie here is second to none in my book! No doubt about it...the BEST tinkeres, engineers, mechanics, problem solvers, liars ...anything having to do with our beloved Ford trucks are right here at FTE, especially the 48-60 forum .

One happy camper here having discovered you and always willing to share my experiences (and BS ) to anyone willin' to listen. Norb

Old 11-25-2004, 08:00 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
"the BEST tinkeres, engineers, mechanics, problem solvers, liars"

Norb

You'd be in for it if Niolon's wasn't in a food coma right now!

Fergy

I'm anxious to see that Effiac grill *******ization. When you gonna have an in progress PIC of it? I can't help you on the Canadian calendar. I think you guys lost of month somewhere. What day is the 4th of July in Canada?

Dick

Good one. LMAO It's against my better judgement since you're a pathological liar but I'll bite. Did you really lose your turkey? You probably don't even have a dog.

Old 11-25-2004, 08:20 PM
don1077
Junior User
Great Weather, Ate Turkey, Took the 53 out for a good long drive. My idea of a good day. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Don

Old 11-25-2004, 09:48 PM
mellowyellow55
Junior User
Happy Thanksgiving from Las Vegas! Yes we have turkeys here too, lots and lots of them. Hope your holiday was filled with family, fun, food and FTE!!!

Old 11-26-2004, 12:31 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fatfenders
"the BEST tinkeres, engineers, mechanics, problem solvers, liars"

Norb

You'd be in for it if Niolon's wasn't in a food coma right now!

Fergy

I'm anxious to see that Effiac grill *******ization. When you gonna have an in progress PIC of it? I can't help you on the Canadian calendar. I think you guys lost of month somewhere. What day is the 4th of July in Canada?

Dick

Good one. LMAO It's against my better judgement since you're a pathological liar but I'll bite. Did you really lose your turkey? You probably don't even have a dog.
"Pathalogical liar", sounds like I got some sort of bug or somptin.
Any way, the Turkey was spotted in the back twenty just after daylight, I slipped out to try and capture the big bugger, seems as if Dawg managed to push the door open after me. She goes tearin past rasin all sorts of ruckus and scares the heck outta the bird. It takes off running and a flappin its wings, those tame ones don't fly too well, anyway it manages to clear the neighbors fence just as he is letting his little yappin ankle biter out.
The neighbor starts screaming something about an eagle attacking his little doggie and grabs a shotgun and starts blasting away. This really sets the turkey off and it suddenly learns to fly real well, it's back over the fence and crusin at abot thirty feet or so when it flies into a utility pole and smacks the transformer. Now let me tell ya about impressive, the bang, flash of light and the shower of feathers was better then any Fourth of July (For you Canucks, that date is the same on both calenders) show i've seen. Dawg takes off for the house, the neighbor screams "IN-COMMING" and dives under his compost pile with his little dog following.
When I get to the bird it was pretty well cleaned, just a few touch-ups to preform. I got it fixed up and in the oven real quick, lucky for us we cook with gas as the whole area is now without electricty.
I moved the car and truck out back so that when the outlaws came over they thought we had run away.
Ended up with Darlene, Dawg and me having a candle light dinner with all the fixins.

Now Thats what Thanksgivings all about.

Old 11-26-2004, 06:58 AM
mt54
Posting Guru
Sorry I wasn't on yesterday to wish Happy Thanksgiving, But beter late than never,
This fourm makes the project much more fun. To be able to share with people who have the same interest. ITS GREAT. We value all ideas and thoughts that are shared.
Mike

Quick Reply: Happy Thanksgiving