2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who the heck said new f150's are rattle free?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 04:26 PM
mjbesen310
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down who the heck said new f150's are rattle free?????

I have no owned my f150 supercrew for just over two months now. From the second day of owning it, I have heard many rattles from inside the cab.....where talking from the healiner, to the dash, all 4 door panels, window rattle in back seat, squeak where the red flashing light is on the dash, the plastic that sits on the sides of the the front seats of the cab, the grill outside the front windshield tapping on the glass!!!! I've been in 3 other f150's of the same year "04" and they all make noises inside the cab!! It just is not as quite of a truck that people say it is, it's distracting hearing all kinds of little rattles and seems like the more I drive, the more rattles or born!!! I took it to the dealer many times before for this problem! (10 to be exact) they try and fix them with no luck!! These trucks unfortunatly do make a lot of rattles just like the older f150's d0.....if u don't already have these rattles, you will over time, it's just a fact :-( To pay 39k for a truck that sounds cheap inside while driving, it makes me wonder why I paid so much for somethign that drives me nuts when I drive it, but I do love the looks and it is the nices looking truck on the road, but the rattles make it sound bad and drive me and my passengers in sane!

Old 11-22-2004, 04:31 PM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it is a truck. which model do you have? i mean no matter what its a truck and they are built to do some work. my lariat is quieter than our bmw and mercedes sedans. i would be ok with some noise but you are describing a jalopy. i would just turn up the audiophile though. you do gotta admit these are a lot better than the last generation. i felt like i was going to break the door panels off everytime i closed it.

Old 11-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Big's F150
New User
Oh, That its a truck Line is a bunch of crap, For this much money, It should be solid as a rock.

I Love my truck, but screwed up is screwed up!

Get over the Fact that some dares to dis your Pappys Brand!

Old 11-22-2004, 04:53 PM
mjbesen310
Senior User
You know what I think it is....Yes these trucks are very silent...thats the problem I think...from being so silent makes the interior noises stand out like no tomorrow being that the truck doesn't have any other sound coming into the truck to block the rattle noises. I just wish the inside of the cab was a little bit more solid

Old 11-22-2004, 04:55 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My trucks slider makes a slight weather stripping rubbing sound, thats it (Ford knows about it, and will fix it). Otherwise, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Im sorry that you got one of the bad apples, but they arent all like you describe.

Old 11-22-2004, 05:27 PM
MX2004
Senior User
My F150 is VERY QUIET. At 70mph with the radio off, I swear I could hear a pin drop in there.

Old 11-22-2004, 05:32 PM
mjbesen310
Senior User
Man, at 70mph in my 04 f150 supercrew! I have to turn up the radio pretty loud to overcome the loud whisling noise coming from the front windshield! Took it to Ford once before for that, they re-sealed the window, but no luck, sounds horrable at speeds past 65mph!

Old 11-22-2004, 05:34 PM
FS-150
Senior User
1,400 miles, no rattles. There was a thread about a dash rattle that some of the users were having, and a fix for it (dealers couldn't find it). You might want to take a look. I am not sure of the name of the thread, but maybe someone can post it for you.

Old 11-22-2004, 05:36 PM
flyboy5111
Junior User
Mine HAD the rattle up by the little red light. I removed the rectangle panel that covers it and found a hole that SHOULD have had a screw in it. I installed one, rattle gone. My truck is absolutely squeak free now.

Old 11-22-2004, 05:42 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Which little red light and panel are you talking about flyboy? The blinking "anti-theft" light?

Old 11-22-2004, 06:11 PM
jbone108
Senior User
no rattles here just a vibe.

Old 11-22-2004, 06:29 PM
flyboy5111
Junior User
Yes the anti-theft light in front of the steering wheel.

Old 11-22-2004, 06:34 PM
YOMAN
Elder User
My truck is COMPLETED DEAD QUIET..oh doh duh me i just realized that i m deaf LOL !!! Sorry but cant help it LOL!

But i asked my wife to listen or hear any noise, she said " heck its better than my honda civi 2002!" haha...its quiet and no noise at all she said .

Love my truck!!!!

YOMAN!
FX 04

Old 11-22-2004, 06:45 PM
WhiteNight
Senior User
Mine is as quiet as a bank vault.Oh, except for a round pebble that was rolling around on my rear husky floor liners.

Old 11-22-2004, 07:14 PM
mjbesen310
Senior User
You know what...after I read about everything I complained about rattling inside my cab, I realized it was so much I was saying and it was driving me crazy hearing the rest of you guys coming back to me saying you hear nothing in yours...So I go into my truck to attack my 4 doors since that's the most rattling of anything....so I had no idea what I was doing but knew I had to stop stuff from rattling, so somehow I was beating my fist a long the door panels trying to pin point where the rattle is coming from, and BINGO, the darn little plastic peice that holds in all the window bottons and locks pops off!!?? so now I'm looking in the little hole and see a bunch of wires that were resting on the plasic inside where the window buttons were, so I took some fabric and placed it underneath the wires and put the peice back in the door panel and it's now fixed!!! no rattle!! The only thing I have to do somehow is hold that plastic peice that goes in front of the door speakers in place better, thats another peice of plastic that's not really holding to the door panel all to good and viberating over bumps. So now I got the door panels from rattling!!!! :-) now it's those dumb black vents that sit inside the dash at the very end by the windshild...there held on by 2 screws but I can't keep them from making rubbing plasitc noises as I go down a bumpy street!?
As for the red light that flashes, I had squeaking from there, but I took some WD-40 and sprayed the heck out of it and now the squeak is gone! (hopfully for good) I don't know what I'm going to do with that vent that sits right outside the front windshild...it hits the window all the time when I'm driving and really is kinda loud, but ford told me thats just how ford it making these vents now and theres no fix for it! Now that means I have to create something to not have the vent hit my window all the time!
I think I'm just to picky...very picky I think I am! if I hear the slightest noise of anywhere in my cab, I go crazy!!! lol I just hate noises of any kind and it bugs the crap out of me! These are such nice trucks and I didn't even mean to buy one of these...only after driving every single car it seemed like on the road trying to find the right one...a freind of mine I was with was telling me how nice looking the new f-150's are as we were driving by a ford dealer...sure enough, I go in for a test drive and fell in love with it!!!! it drove better then most every car I have driven!! I love this truck and would not even consider trading it in for anything!!

Quick Reply: who the heck said new f150's are rattle free?????