Thanks a mil1ion !

Old 11-22-2004, 10:09 AM
seymourmike
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a mil1ion !

I asked a simple question. How do I post a pic in the gallery? JohnT answered the best he could, I guess, when he said to click on "Galleries" and then on "Manage your gallery." Thanks, Problem is I have clicked every link and haven't come across a "Manage your gallery." Then, some million dude (administrator) comes along and tells me to look it up elsewhere, (User Forum Gallarie, ask your question here - spot) but fails to say where it is, or provide a link, not to mention just tell me where it is.

So, administrator, is the site not functioning, or is the "manage your gallery" link just not appearing for me?

MM

Old 11-22-2004, 10:15 AM
blu
Elder User
On my browser over on the right hand side there is a link called "Galleries" below FTE HOME,FORuMS,CHAPTERS, EVENTS,LIVE CHAT,CLASSIFIEDS,etc
Go to Galleries and when you get there look for the Link Manage Galleries it should be right on top of the "table" showing the Galleries at leas thats where it shows up in Mozilla and probably every other browser.

http://www.fordtrucks.com/user_gallery/index.php

Old 11-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thread moved to proper forum .

First off, we always try to keep personal comments in private.

You never mentioned in this thread that you were instructed to go to the user gallery forum for the instructions.

For some reason,You mis-informed the public in this thread trying to make me look like the bad guy.

This is your mis-titled.... mis -posted thread.

http://www.fordtrucks.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=309054

We don't answer user gallery questions when they are posted in truck TECH forums.
We redirect users to this ....the user gallery forum

Then users can look in the forum for a *create a gallery* thread.

This thread is just 2 threrads down from this one we're in right now.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=303947

You could have responded in private if you didn't understand but now I have to depend my instructions in public

Had you followed my inbstructions rather then be sarcastic you would have a gallery up & running a while ago.

It is my duty to inform user's as to the best way to do things.
This being > with some assistance <> MAINLY get the user to understand how & do it himself.

Read the Forums & make yourself aware of where to post things

Old 11-22-2004, 02:36 PM
seymourmike
New User
How now?

K.

Clicked your link, I can't reply via email because my account isn't active for 15 days or some such. So much for the private vs. public comment.

If your homepage is unnavigable, don't get defensive, just make improvements.

The "CREATE YOUR GALLERY" thread that you did send as a link, as well as the one you pointed me at on the discussion page, don't work. Thread closed? I clicked it and no information came up.

When I was in the web admin business, we kept a page called an FAQ. The link was easily located from the homepage and contained detail instructions and or explainations. In the event a customer did contact us concerning an issue was would send the link, along with a summary explaination that we kept in a text file just to make the appearance of personal service.

If you are overworked, what was that number? 200,000 users? that is a managment issue and you should bring it up with your supervisors. They would be willing to increase the workforce until a balace could be reached.

Back to the posting of the pictures, got a link that works?
MM

Old 11-22-2004, 03:56 PM
seymourmike
New User
Thumbs up Thanks to JohnT,

Excellent explaination John. I appreciate the effort.

Your explaination may have given the answer to my problem. I don't have that link.
There isn't a "Manage Your Galleries" link offered on my page. I am using Explorer, but on an apple (not that familiar with apple). Perhaps that's why the page looks so funky for me as well. All the fonts on my page are sooooooo tiny, they don't seem to be maximizing for my desktop.

What say Mil1ion? Did we discover something?
MM

Old 11-22-2004, 03:58 PM
seymourmike
New User
how about

why not give me an email address, and I'll just mail the pic to whoever wants to see it, or whoever can post it in the gallery?

MM

Old 11-22-2004, 06:56 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by seymourmike
K.

Clicked your link, I can't reply via email because my account isn't active for 15 days or some such. So much for the private vs. public comment

Actually there is so much for it >< Try clicking the send User a Private Message link in my profile <>
not my E-mail account

If your homepage is unnavigable, don't get defensive, just make improvements.

What does that have to do with the user gallery ?

I know about my homepage,it's presently offline,
BTW, you have now made it into the user gallery forum

The "CREATE YOUR GALLERY" thread that you did send as a link, as well as the one you pointed me at on the discussion page, don't work.

Thread closed?
Question was posted in wrong forum ....re-direction was made, thread closed

I clicked it and no information came up.

Clicked what ?
Try looking at the other link's in this thread, even this next one, post # 4

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=211238

When I was in the web admin business, we kept a page called an FAQ. The link was easily located from the homepage and contained detail instructions and or explainations. In the event a customer did contact us concerning an issue was would send the link, along with a summary explaination that we kept in a text file just to make the appearance of personal service.

Great, you missed this then,
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/f...vb_board_usage

I have discussed FAQ's for the user gallery before, we settled for putting the instructions right in this forum (The User Gallery Forum) & the main FAQ in the blue bar on every page ,thinking user's would go directly to it/them (common sense)

If you are overworked, what was that number? 200,000 users? that is a managment issue and you should bring it up with your supervisors. They would be willing to increase the workforce until a balace could be reached.

It's fine .....Thanks for your input

Back to the posting of the pictures, got a link that works?

You didn't bring up "your posting questions in the wrong forum,... Twice " then waiting around instead of going to the user gallery forum right off the start,why's that ,Although ,You stayed on the topic of telling me how I should do things,We can't babysit everyone

Have a look around the site & see how things works

MM

What say Mil1ion ? did we discover something?

I don't know if you have or not ?
I would say No, because although havea gallery ,you don't have any albums yet.

So Again... The instructions are in the last link I posted,just like in the reply before.

Here is another good read while looking through the U/G forum.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=239591