Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2002, 07:06 PM
New User

bizjettech is starting off with a positive reputation.
1996 Ford Ranger XLT, 3.0 V6

My Ranger has a problem with warm temp starts. In the morning when it's cool it starts no prob. After work I go to start it and it refuses me. It turns over no prob and attempts to kick in. Sounds like it burns up the vapor in the lines and that's it. There's no pressure at the test port. I have no desire to dig into the tank just yet to rip out the pump (it's almost full). Anyone have any ideas as to why I'm not getting the fuel I need when it's time to go home? I work on Corporate Jets and know something about environmental factors like temperature extremes, but, since I know little about the interworkings of todays computerized vehicles, I am in much need of help. Oh ya! This is a great site! Big Thanks to those who have made it what it is!
Old 03-22-2002, 10:37 PM
Post Fiend

Ken00 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Ken00 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Since you know that you don't have fuel pressure when it won't start it can be either a fuel pump problem or electrical problem. Listen the next time it won't start to see if you hear the pump run when you turn the key to on. If you don't hear it check for power to the pump, you might want to have someone help you since the pump times out in a few seconds. If you don't have power, check it out at the inertia switch, also look at the relays. If the pump does run, but still no pressure look at the filter. If you have to do the pump it's easier to pull the bed rather than dropping the tank.
2002 XLT Std Cab Long Bed 3.0
1989 Custom Std Cab Short Bed 2.9
Old 03-22-2002, 10:44 PM
Post Fiend

Ken00 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Ken00 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

2002 XLT Std Cab Long Bed 3.0
1989 Custom Std Cab Short Bed 2.9
Old 03-22-2002, 10:44 PM