1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

rainguards?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 03:32 AM
shescrafty23
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool rainguards?

Where can I find the (I know, kinda dorky) plastic guards that go above the window? I am a smoker...and even when I am not smoking, I enjoy having some fresh air. In my '99 Ranger, the rain just pours in. I live in Portland, Oregon, so this is a pretty big issue...rains A LOT! Thanks.

Old 11-16-2004, 05:53 AM
ghoster55
Freshman User
Vent visor, I got mine at Auto zone, you might have to order them but it only takes a day. The interesting thing is that they were marked for a dodge, and I went nuts thinking this guy had ordered the wrong part. but they fit he showed me and I put them on, look pretty good also. If you have the extended cab they even have the back ones, but I didn't use them. Just the fronts about thirty bucks.

Old 11-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Oregon497
Junior User
You can get them at GI Joes for about $30 or $40 dollars....I had them on my 99...still have not put them on my 2004 Edge yet...but I am sure they will be in the works sometime or another. If you dont find them at Joes, then check out Jegs online and they have some deals sometimes as well.

Old 11-16-2004, 07:17 AM
Rocky J
Elder User
Advance Auto Parts. I've even seen them in Wally World automotive department. I've had vent visors on every vehicle I've ever owned and they are far from 'dorky'. I miss the old chrome style that I put on my '71 F100, '78 F250 and '75 Plymouth Valiant.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ghoster55
The interesting thing is that they were marked for a dodge, and I went nuts thinking this guy had ordered the wrong part.
Did they fit inside the window felt? Or did it just stick to the paint on the door frame? If you had to stick it to the paint, you got the wrong part.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:50 AM
rangerxlt02
Elder User
I got mine at Wal-Mart for fairly cheap, 25 bucks or so.

Old 11-17-2004, 07:29 AM
pawpaw
Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
The Ford dealer sent me to "Leanord" the out building folks, of all people.

I got the "Vent Shade" brand bug shield & vent visors for my 99.

Had them painted to match the body color, as the charcoal ones were too dark & stood out too much, kinda took over on my white truck IMHO & I didn't like the clear ones. Painted ones look just fine.

BTW if you get painted ones, they use the clear & paint them on the back side, so the paint doesn't chip.

Leanord will warranty them for the life of the vehicle, so save your reciept. I've used that warranty once on the truck bug shield & am about to have to do it again, stress cracks.

I also have painted vent visors & bug shield, on my 94 Taurus & have had NO problems with them.

Both were stick on's with 3M structural double sided tape. The kind of visors that fit inside the window would bind it on roll up or down.

IF you get the surfaces good & clean & IF you keep your fingers OFF the adhesive, they should hold on just fine. I didn't want the bug shield bolted on, as they would have to drill the hood & I didn't want holes in it & the rust that follows.

I know you didn't ask about the bug shield/deflector, but thought I'd toss in my experience FWIW.

The bug shield/deflector part, is a disappointment, it just moved the bug strikes on the windshield, up a little.
Can't say it eliminated any.

However it DID stop the hood stone strikes on both the Ranger & Taurus, so I'm plenty pleased about that.

Old 11-17-2004, 06:27 PM
ctboyle03
Senior User
I would recommend to you NOT to buy the visors with adhesive. I bought a set and they wouldn't stick to the felt. I found a pair at a local shop that you kind of bend into place and they hold themselves in the window track. The only drawback is that the plastic goes all the way to the bottom of the window near the side mirror, limiting view of the mirror by about half an inch but its not that big of a deal. I think they were around $40 but they have a lifetime warranty if they chip or crack. I can't remeber the brand but i think they were made in Australia. If I find the warranty info I will post again and let you know the brand.

Old 11-18-2004, 04:34 PM
trimmanfl
New User
Where can I find Chrome Bug Shield and rain guards to fit a 2000 FORD E150?

Old 11-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Rocky J
Elder User
The chrome ones were only for the windows with the front track. They only protected the top, so windows that open at the front as well as the top can't use the chrome ones. We're stuck with the plastic ones.
I miss the triangular vent windows and chrome rainguards. My '82 had them, the '88 didn't

Old 11-18-2004, 05:02 PM
ghoster55
Freshman User
Mine were the adhesive kind and I stuck them on the frame above the window, let them sit for a day and I haven't had any problems with them at all, that was three years ago, so far so good. The important part to me was the angle and fit on the truck they blend in well and actually add to the look. I only got the ones for the front window so that worked well for me.